Soundbar Ideas?

You mean they didn't put it in an outer box?

Correct. No outer shipping box. They just slapped some shipping labels on it and off it went. They probably would have put an outer box on it if I would have identified it as a Christmas gift.

Mine arrived just fine, but thought that I would mention that as a FYI for those who may be concerned about such things.

RC

I got mine temporarily hooked up. Not too sure if it is really an improvement as far as dialogue. Voicing doesn't jump out as much as I thought it would. Also, I couldn't get my DirectTV remote to recognize the soundbar volume. I surely don't want to have to use a separate little cheap remote for volume. I will mess around with positioning and decide if it is going back or staying.

I just started work at HH Gregg in electronics. They carry about 10 different soundbars hooked up to demo. Haven't had time to listen yet, but they will price match live via computer to Amazon, Best Buy, etc. They carry Polk, Bose, Yamaha, etc., and at a cursory listen I was impressed. Some come with a small wireless sub.

The sound bar can be centered below the television for a sound experience that is balanced. This type of placement delivers sound and picture from similar origin as the method intended by cinema engineer.

• The sound bar can be placed in such a way that speakers of the bar are in perfect line with the ears. This helps an individual hear things in details even at frequencies that are very high. However, it is important that the entire placement is perfectly balanced with the height of the television set.

• A space of at least one meter should be left between the sidewalls and the sound bar in order to allow the sound to reflect in a symmetrical and balanced way.

• There should be a distance of at least three to eight meters between listening area and sound set up for experiencing maximum surround sound effect.

• It must also be made sure that the sound bar in any ways does not work in the form of an obstacle for the television screen. For avoiding this problem, the television can be wall mounted or elevated higher.

• The wall serves as the best place for both the television as well as the sound bar. Television sets can be wall mounted and if this is done then sound bars can easily be wall mounted below the television set with the use of brackets. The feet pads can later be removed for getting a very clean look.

• If the sound bar is wall mounted then it is important to leave ten to fifteen centimeters of gap between the television and the sound bar so that both the vertical disc loader and the top control panel can be accessed very easily.

Soundbars

A simple solution for the fastest and easy installation. People are turning to this for the sake of not running speaker wires thru out the listening room. There are many name brands of soundbars. I like the Harman Kardon soundbars. There are several models to choose from to fit one's budget. I have the Harman Kardon SB-16 that i got on sale last Christmas. Regular price was $499.00 and Frys Electronic store had them for $299.00 limit time only. I'm a JBL fan for the past 35 years and i also know Harman Kardon line of audio products. I have my SB-16 connected to my 20" HD LCD and also use it as my computer speakers. Also my Sony Mega 300 is connected to it via optical as well as my Sylvania 20" HD LCD. I use a optical 3 way selector for multiple connections. Love this Harman Kardon SB-16 sounds. The wireless 10" sub that is in awesome piano black finish can be placed anywhere in the listening area. For beautiful music Harman Kardon. Love the Jennifer Lopez commercial on Harman Kardon products. :thmbsp:

Klipsch SW 12

Klipsch is my 3rd favorite speakers for movies. Although i prefer Polk audio for my home theater listening for its high sensitivity in the quiet scenes. Instead of the Polk sub i chose Klipsch SW 12 for the most thundering bass response. It can hit low and hard. For my smaller HD tv and computer audio out. I like the Harman Kardon SB-16. :thmbsp:

Klipsch makes a very nice soundbar of late too. I like theirs very well.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
If you already have a nice center channel, couldn't you just use one of those little t amps from the tv audio out ? Maybe clap it on and off. :)

Back
Top Bottom