What unknown speakers do you have that have you grinning?

How about these Dynaco Phase 3 Model 60's. Soundstage will knock yer socks off. Very transparent. I bought because they looked interesting and I thought they would be a nice match for my Dynaco tube setup. I was right and have been smiling ever since...

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=509921&d=1398868869

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=509922&d=1398868869

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=509923&d=1398868869

Last edited:
How about these Dynaco Phase 3 Model 60's. Soundstage will knock yer socks off. Very transparent. I bought because they looked interesting and I thought they would be a nice match for my Dynaco tube setup. I was right and have been smiling ever since...

I remember those, wanted a pair but no room in the barracks in Germany for them. Talked a friend intov buying them for himself to take back when he got out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Although they are not unknown, my Fuselier's definitely put a big grin on my face! They are badged as a "custom" model and I really don't know a whole lot about them. I am currently using a PS1 for listening to CDs and an Empire 598 for vinyl. For my pre-amp I am using a TC-753LC. The pre is low budget but does the trick for now. For my amp I am using an AudioSource Model One/A. For my next upgrades I plan to look for another pre and possibly another AudioSource One/A amp and have them bridged to each speaker mono-block style.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 100
Obviously the original Quads are well known, but less well known speakers that have delighted me include Wharfedale Airedales, EV Regencys, a little Philips column speaker, maybe with the 8 inch full range, JSE Infinite Slopes, and of course, Bozaks, Altec Valencias, and Lowther Acoustas (I think they are Acoustas -- they are Radio People of Hong Kong versions).

I would have to say my RCA Dimensia 500s and the RCA SPK-125s. II recently re foamed both pair and am using them in a surround rig. There is plenty of nice tight bass,and lots of detail without listener fatigue. Both are from RCAs Dimensia line of speakers and are real sleepers.

I can't put my finger on it but most Signets I have heard impressed me. I bought a pair back in 1994 to replace my Carver Amazings and to me they just did everything right for very little money. Wish I could remember the exact model on those. The ones I have now are close but not quite there. I picked them up cheap but it is amazing how they sound for what they are. Matter of fact it makes no sense. They have no right to sound this good. Low power, tubes, SS, high power- it doesn't matter.

Although they are not unknown, my Fuselier's definitely put a big grin on my face! They are badged as a "custom" model and I really don't know a whole lot about them. I am currently using a PS1 for listening to CDs and an Empire 598 for vinyl. For my pre-amp I am using a TC-753LC. The pre is low budget but does the trick for now. For my amp I am using an AudioSource Model One/A. For my next upgrades I plan to look for another pre and possibly another AudioSource One/A amp and have them bridged to each speaker mono-block style.

Those are cool! More info and pictures demanded!!!!

New addition for me in this category:

Rogersound Labs (aka-RSL) CG-8/2 "Compression Guide Eight Squared"

I am stunned at how good they sound.

49" tall and 112 lb each!!!

14807573600_ddb1623cf4_b.jpg

Last edited:
For me, it would be my Ascend Acoustics CMT-340SE speakers. I have yet to meet anyone on AK that have a pair of Ascend Acoustics. The company is based in California where the speakers are hand made. These speakers really opened up when I had them bi-wired to Emotiva USP-1 monoblocks.

Those have a little bit of a Vandersteen 2 vibe to them.

I have three sets of System Audio speakers. I guess they are known elsewhere, but pretty uncommon in the US. Love them!

You are correct about the mid being a Focal. The woofers are 10" Vifa M26-wr-09.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom