Sommer in northern Germany

Sandy, I always wanted to live in Johnson City, TN. Supposed to be the very finest weather in the US. Hawaii is not bad, but we can get hot when the tradewinds subside and it's July. Not as bad as Southern FLorida but it can get smokin hot when you don't have winds. But all in all, I have to agree with the S.O., Hawaii has fantastic weather for the most part. She believes it's paradise. Who am I to disagree with her? ;)

JP, I was in Hamburg one summer and froze. I finally broke down and bought a jacket to wear. To me, however, 65 is not bad. Especially if you are working out, running, or cycling. Rain can be a pain at that temp thought.

Well, whatever happened to all the screaming about "Global Warming"? I guess now they are migrating the war cry to "Climate Change" instead. Hard to scream Global Warming when it's been the coolest summer on record in some parts of the world. After a screaming cold and long winter. Ouch.

11°C (52°F) last night.

The temperature itself wouldn´t be that bad if it wasn´t so windy and raining. This kind of weather is normal here, it just sucks in mid August :(

48 degrees F at our house when we got up this morning (albeit at 5AM).
That's a hair less than 9 degrees C for the rational part of the world ;-)

Brrrrrrr...

I had 46 degreesF here this morning in central New York. rained here everyday for the last 9 days. I was in Stuttgart from Jan.81 thru may 84 and the weather there was mostly really nice in the summer months, very similar to here. This has been a crazy year for weather. Unusually cold winter, wet summer. My wife was in Oberkirchen in July and she said it was mostly real nice weather there then.

Sandy, I always wanted to live in Johnson City, TN. Supposed to be the very finest weather in the US. Hawaii is not bad, but we can get hot when the tradewinds subside and it's July. Not as bad as Southern FLorida but it can get smokin hot when you don't have winds. But all in all, I have to agree with the S.O., Hawaii has fantastic weather for the most part. She believes it's paradise. Who am I to disagree with her? ;)

JP, I was in Hamburg one summer and froze. I finally broke down and bought a jacket to wear. To me, however, 65 is not bad. Especially if you are working out, running, or cycling. Rain can be a pain at that temp thought.

Well, whatever happened to all the screaming about "Global Warming"? I guess now they are migrating the war cry to "Climate Change" instead. Hard to scream Global Warming when it's been the coolest summer on record in some parts of the world. After a screaming cold and long winter. Ouch.

I dunno about THAT... JC is a little higher in elevation than we are here in Greater Bugtussle, so when its say 90-95 here, they might ONLY be 88-92 or so...Downside is that in Winter, what will be HERE a slushy, nasty, yucky rain, can EASILY be Accumulation there... My wife is an RN at the VA Hospital there, works the 7.30 PM-8 AM shift, she's gotten snowbound usually a few times per winter... Luckily, there's a BIG gigantic luxurious hotel within rock-throwing distance of the VA, VERY plush, & they take care of the VA employees there QUITE well. Rooms are normally $150 a night, the VA crew gets a "1st-Cousin" rate of about half that. But that includes breakfast in yr room, masseuse, hot tub, the whole 9 yards. It ain't exactly "Hazardous Duty", my wife DON'T bitch too bad when forced to stay there..

I dunno about THAT... JC is a little higher in elevation than we are here in Greater Bugtussle, so when its say 90-95 here, they might ONLY be 88-92 or so...Downside is that in Winter, what will be HERE a slushy, nasty, yucky rain, can EASILY be Accumulation there... My wife is an RN at the VA Hospital there, works the 7.30 PM-8 AM shift, she's gotten snowbound usually a few times per winter... Luckily, there's a BIG gigantic luxurious hotel within rock-throwing distance of the VA, VERY plush, & they take care of the VA employees there QUITE well. Rooms are normally $150 a night, the VA crew gets a "1st-Cousin" rate of about half that. But that includes breakfast in yr room, masseuse, hot tub, the whole 9 yards. It ain't exactly "Hazardous Duty", my wife DON'T bitch too bad when forced to stay there..

Sandy;

I read a book years ago that JC, Tenn was the most temperate city in the US when you take all factors into consideration. That may not be true, but it stuck in my memory.

My S.O.? She's in love with Hawaii. Volcanic mountains, great beaches, and no snakes anywhere on the islands. Her big three. :)

Me? I like the Smokey Mountains. I've been to some beautiful small towns in Tennessee and North Carolina in the Smokies. Fly Fishing, Hiking, and relaxing. Paradise for me.

Florida is often too hot for me. Hawaii too remote. Rains to much in Seattle. I may retire to the Smokies, and let the S.O. visit when she wants to. ;)

Haven't seen 90 degrees yet this year. I like it that way. Likely just means that it will be -65 this whole winter. :D

I was in Bremen a few weeks ago, delightful area.
I may be going to Australia (via Philippines) in a few months - I'll report back through my sleep deprived haze.

Tapatalk

Summer is back in South Western Germany. Here in my hometown about 75° and more in the next about ten days, and always sunny.

Summer is back in South Western Germany. Here in my hometown about 75° and more in the next about ten days, and always sunny.

I must have missed the part about the good weather here in the south. :no:
My wife and I just went to a small Volksfest here in Munich and it started pissing down rain by the buckets. We turned around and went home with wet feet. But not before having a pair of red Bratwurst and a weissebier. :D

Cheers,
James

We had a fantastic day yesterday, it was sunny and warm, and I saw zillions and zillions of people enjoying the day using their bikes, trikes, motorcycles, quads, convertibles, skate boards, and some even used their own feet! :D

Today it is rainy, tomorrow and on Tuesday a bit better but watch out James, from next Wendesday on the Summer will have a comeback in our region with ca. 27° on Thursday! :thmbsp:

We have had a beautiful summer this year, up until August. Moderate temperatures, the right amount of rain, sunny days. August, on the other hand, is always a crap shoot. What should be the best month of the year can either be sweltering hot (which I like, winter is too long here) or cold and rainy the way it should be in October.

This year is a little unusual. August has only been a bit cooler but very overcast and humid. Where did the sunshine go?

September tends to trend back to sunny and warm most years. Just in time for work and school to kick into high gear.

Back
Top Bottom