fix it up there's no tubes but the tube shields are there, when turned
on the power transformer does get not sure about that, but looks like
a good project to work on, and I do love the X101-C I have but been looking
for more power, what do you guy's think? here's the number so you guy's
can check it out.

Thanks
Tube

Last edited:
Hey Tube, I have a 202B and love it, although I bought mine totally redone,dont yet have the skills to re do one myself.. I think I know the one your looking at, I check Ebay everyday and saw that one.. if the cosmetics look good and you have the skills to re do I think it could be a good buy, just my opinion but also don't forget the cost of tubes, can be expensive. I paid 800 for mine shipped.. it looks perfect and sounds great as well..very happy..

Hey Tube -- Are not the X-101C and the X202-B both 7591 based units? I'm hardly the expert on which Fisher model is which, but if they are, then power between the two could be similar. Just thought you might want to check that if power is a big determining factor for you.

Dave

I had a look at that unit - cosmetically, it's seen better days. Not sure but it might have been stored where damp got to it. With no tubes (at least from the pics) and the possibility of moisture damage I would pass. Did not read the description but if it's not been tested at least the transformers then that's another negative. Just my 2 cents.

Hi,
I think the X101-C is about 27wpc and the X202-B is about 32 wpc, I don't know
if I'll hear much difference in the end, I have all the tubes except 7247/12WD7.
The condition is okay it's been in storage a long time and looks it and needs to be cleaned up.

Tube

I had a look at that unit - cosmetically, it's seen better days. Not sure but it might have been stored where damp got to it. With no tubes (at least from the pics) and the possibility of moisture damage I would pass. Did not read the description but if it's not been tested at least the transformers then that's another negative. Just my 2 cents.

The seller did try it out, and the power transformer did get hot, so it needs
a cap job, inside it looks clean nothing burnt if that's anything.

Tube

If the power transformer gets hot with no tubes present, that is a very bad sign.

Plus, no tubes, bad cosmetic condition, bad front panel, I'd pass. Yes, it's a bargain compared with a pristine working example, but by the time you find a replacement power transformer and a complete set of new tubes you'll spend almost the same money, and have a cosmetically poor unit with a lousy front panel.

Thanks guys your advice might be better to spend a little more for a nicer unit.
I did get lucky on the X101-C I got for $157.00 dollars the front looks good and really
sounds great and on phono since I cleaned the tapehead/phono switch* the details and
soundstage is amazing at times with the right records.

Tube

* Took it apart and polished the silver parts of the switch

Last edited:
The X-101-C is cathode biased.
The X-202-B is fixed bias, so, if you're lucky, you might get 3dB more.
It's the little brother to the X-1000.
The transformers were later used in the X- and KX-200.
They look good and sound good, but there's a lot of circuitry under the chassis.

Tube, they show up all the time, wish i had the skills you guys do in here to redo one, I probably paid too much for mine but I figured the cost of sending it off ofr restoral would be high, shipping etc..I bit the bullet and have been real happy with it..its a great amp and hope you find one...

Sorry to respond late, I think your right I'll wait, but for know I'll sit here an enjoy
the the sweet sounds of my X101C and my New Mission 760's I got from the
Salvation Army yesterday for $10.00 I just hit that place at the right time.

Tube

Back
Top Bottom