What size cord strain relief for Fisher 30-A?

little-al

OK, I've now bought two different sized plastic snap-in (the clamshell type that clamps over the cord and snaps into the chassis hole) cord strain reliefs for my 30-A, but none fit.

This model uses a standard "zip cord" power cord, not the heavier jacketed round cord some later production had.

The hole in the chassis is about 7-8mm, I think, which is about 1/4 inch.

Does that sound right?

If so, I'm having a hard time finding one.

Thanks,
Al

Strain relief's too small or too large for the hole? It should be very tight in that you'll need a pair of needle nose to squeeze it down then another to force it in the hole. It's not a loose fit.

Larry

..yeah, I gotcha, but the others are not even a close fit while bearing down on them with pliers :)

I just wondered if there was another standard size below the 1/2" and 9/16" I was able to find. Is there a 1/4 or 3/8?

I could only find the sizes I already have in huge bags of 20 *laugh* Good thing they are really cheap.

Thanks,
Al

There should be 1/4" and or 3/8". If you have an electrical supply house close to where you live they might have what you need. I find that the consumer grade places don't have the heavier stuff that the older gear was built with. So off to Electric supply houses. Sometimes you get lucky.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom