onkyo tx 4500

rafael1971

hi i own a tx 4500 onkyo and would like to consult the following this receiver comes with one large capacitor and not two as usually bring most of the receiver, just this hole, the query is the following could put another capacitor, some experience that someone may know something about this, someone who knows the subject leave a picture for reference.
Thank you.

Attachments

• onkyo-tx-4500_260603.jpg
    onkyo-tx-4500_260603.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 44
That is indeed a double capacitor, which are nearly impossible to find now. I replaced mine with two equivalent capacitors after I dug up a second bracket. IIRC, someone on AK was able to send me one, out of the goodness of their hearts. This was quite some time ago.

hi i own a tx 4500 onkyo and would like to consult the following this receiver comes with one large capacitor and not two as usually bring most of the receiver, just this hole, the query is the following could put another capacitor, some experience that someone may know something about this, someone who knows the subject leave a picture for reference.
Thank you.

Yes, only one dual capacitor (10.000uF x2). Original design was for two discrete components (hence two holes in the chassis) but someone in the bean counter department decided that company could save few bucks by using dual cap.
I replaced it with two separates, here is the thread on the subject, look posts #11 and #17 for pictures.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=512732

Back
Top Bottom