Good sounding buds for iPhone?

It's depend what kind music you listen.

I have Shure 215, RHA 750,Xiaomi Piston V2 (nice cheap buds), TDK200.
I'm listening mostly jazz , sometime pop and R&B.My fav is TDK200, enjoyable for long hour listening.
Cost around $150

Hf3 is a nice and dry but very accurate IEM. If you don't mind your bass to be tight and accurate but not boomy, this is the one for you. You won't look back. Is it the best? No... But you will have to go to a much more expensive IEM before you find anything that is significantly better. Again if you like the sound. If you like boomy bass then another would suit you, but not the hf3

I have the Etymotic HF3, and I love them, but I have found they don't do all things. They cannot do Movie advertising music. This genera is mixed for theater systems, the big ones down at the local theater they have elementally powerful bass the Ety's just cannot properly do. they are much like small high quality studio monitors. I have a set of Shure 215's coming today they are half price on Amazon so I took advantage of it, we will see how they work out. What is amazing to me is how good cheap $35 and less Sony earbuds are doing this ad' music.

Update: I have the Shure 215's, oh....my.......God........these are good. I talked about the Ety's not handling Movie Ad music. Not only does the Shure handle this music, but the bass is articulate, not boomy, and descends to the center of the earth.

The ME Electronics A-151 balanced armature ear buds are quite nice and a steal for around $40 on Amazon. I see they now have a model with an in-line mic and remote too. Assuming the drivers are the same as the regular A-151 they'd be the way to go for iPhone use.

Check out the Sennheiser CX 300 II for 29 bucks at Amazon. Read the first review. I mean, unless you really want to spend $250.

I got these for my son for Christmas.

Before you do anything load the Audyssey App. They have sound shaping that tweaks the output of your iPhone to get best sound from individual models of headphones, and earphones. It is not an graphic equalizer, but you can shade the sound tipping it either to the treble or bass side. I have run it on iPod Touches and iPads for years it is really good. when you set it up you go into it's device library and pick out and list what you are using earphones, headphones and the lists is extensive and getting larger all of the time as new stuff is being added.
The App:
http://www.amp.audyssey.com/
Here is what Audyssey does:
http://www.audyssey.com/

mzl.zrmkqgbo.175x175-75.png

As for earphones with a mic there is nothing better the the Etymotic HF-3, $140.98 from Amazon, They have a very accurate sound are great especially when you are using the Audyssey App. It is my go to choice for my current Touch 5 and iPad Air. It also happens to be the best for passive noise reduction. And gets even better if you get them custom fitted by and audiologist. http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/hf3.html

Thanks for the heads up on this app. It works fantastic for this daily user!. Using the Shure 215's as well. Do you have any recommendations for a replacement mic chord?

I've tried about 20 different buds on my iPod.

Best I have found for my ears and listening pleasure are the BlackBerry buds. I also put the optional foam on them for comfort. In my opinion, awesome realistic sound that does not clip when pushed a bit. Most people know that BlackBerry made some very high quality items, whether you liked BlackBerry or not. Their ear buds were superb.
I do have a Google Voice app on my iPod and use the Mic to make phone calls, and I used these buds on my iPhone 4s as well. Very high quality audio both ways as reported by my callers.

Amazon has them for $6.25 delivered with PRIME. 1/4 the cost of what they originally retailed for.

There are many different styles. These are the ones I prefer as a frequent listener;

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-HDW-24529-001-3-5mm-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00D8YYOD4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1418452671&sr=8-7&keywords=blackberry+ear+buds

Optional foam surrounds set of 12 are around 4 bucks. Well worth it for comfort.

Back
Top Bottom