Kung Fu movies

jose7740

Has anybody been watching Kung Fu movies on El Rey network? They show them on Thursday's and I watch them all, do you?:smoke:

Recorded and watched a few I haven't seen. Some were good, some not so. Glad they are around. I like a dose of good fu now and then.

I like the non stop action but mostly I have fun with the translation from Chinese to English, also when the fighters die they have instant death:D

Thanksgiving day there is a Kung Fu marathon on El Rey network, don't miss it or just record it to watch later:yes:

I have to go to a friends house for thanksgiving but will record them to watch during the week, I do the same every Thursday, record and watch later.:thmbsp:

I don't mean this as a name drop, but my uncle Chor Yuen directed many of the Shaw Brothers Studios 70s kung-fu classics. I think he would be fascinated to hear that some of his movies are still being enjoyed (will be visiting him in the near future).

You tell your Uncle Chor Yuen, I enjoy the hell out of his stuff. Talk about busy I was looking at his work and he was turning out 3 or 4 movies a year.

There was one movie, I have no idea, as to the title, and who directed it but it had a evil warlord, who, I kid you not, was dubbed into into English with a Texas accent.

Of course one can't forget the evil Whitebeard who's secret technique was the ability to retract is gonads so no one could kick them, and if you tried he.somehow was able to hold onto your foot and kickass.

That was the priest Pai Mei, suppossedly the evil Shaolin priest that betrayed Shaolin temple to the Manderin invaders. That was a Gordon Liu movie called Fist Of The White Lotus. It's a really excellent film. One I always recommend.

You tell your Uncle Chor Yuen, I enjoy the hell out of his stuff. Talk about busy I was looking at his work and he was turning out 3 or 4 movies a year.

I'll let him know for sure. He was a workaholic...always working on scripts in his den at his home, as far back as I can remember.

That was the priest Pai Mei, suppossedly the evil Shaolin priest that betrayed Shaolin temple to the Manderin invaders. That was a Gordon Liu movie called Fist Of The White Lotus. It's a really excellent film. One I always recommend.

I wonder if that's where Quentin Tarantino got the idea for the character he used in Kill Bill????

I wonder if that's where Quentin Tarantino got the idea for the character he used in Kill Bill????

I read an interview with Gordon Liu in which he stated that it was a delicious bit of irony the he got to play the villian in Kill Bill that he fought against and killed in the earlier film.

I have been wanting to watch this movie for some time. I need to see.

Back
Top Bottom