ANYONE?? Please help. 1980's Yamaha Help

Jbwood89

I could really use some help. I am trying to locate a set of the old 5 and 6 pin ribbon cables that allow for remote control on an older Yamaha A-32D Integrated amp. I realize it may be a dumb request, but I have been lucky enough to aquire the A-32D amp, the T32 tuner, K-30 dual cassette, (and an extra K-32 dual cassette) and the CD-30 CD player. I am amazed at the shape that ALL of the units are in...and I am in 80's heaven!! I have manuals for all the items and just really wanted to find the remote patch cables as well. ANYONE??? If there is anyone who could help, or point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it!

One idea -- take an old computer hard drive ribbon cable, and fabricate the proper remote cables. I can't remember if they take male or female pins... Good luck, you can always scout eBay.

And welcome aboard AK!

Thanks for the response. I am pretty handy, but not sure if I would be able to fabricate something. I think finding the right end piece would be as hard as locating the cable. I guess I will keep watching eBay...but thanks for the reply.

This is an old thread, but if you are still looking for the remote link cable, I just picked up a T32 tuner at Goodwill and it has one attached to it. You are welcome to have it for what it costs to mail it to you. Just shoot me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom