A few PF-800 questions

Dr. Ear

I got a rather good looking PF-800 today. I did some service, replaced all electrolytics and cleaned and lubricated the main bearing (Van den Hul TT spindle oil, great stuff!).
I put one of my AT-20 on it and I like what I hear. But, there are a few issues. The suspension springs are stretched like the breasts of my grandmother. When I want to adjust the floating panel accordingly there is not much reserve left over. The screws are now at the upper limit. Is there a way to correct this?. Next the tonearm bearings are a little loose. They probably need some cleaning, too. How can I access the vertical bearings? There is a plastic cover, how to remove it? The tonearm lift has no damping any more and the arm falls down like French Guillotine. Which silicon is the appropriate one (viscosity)? I tried 50000er which has no effect at all.
Thank you all for your input. This is really a great turntable. Unfortunately it appeared on the market when 1) Mr. Tiefenbrunn reinvented marketing and 2) the CD came up.

Back
Top Bottom