Hi I have a questions about the cr-600.

rasme

Hello just registered nice to meet you all. I just got a yamaha cr-600
picked it up without testing it since there wasn't any way to but its all
good. when I got it home i hooked it up first no lights worked. then I tested everything else and the only thing that i can not figure out is the tuner. I put it on fm and it goes on for about 6seconds then you just here a click and off it goes not the reciever but just the fm tuner. when i switch it to AM it works fine. I opened it up to clean it a bit to my suprise not much visual dust. And i see a little box that clicks when i put it fm. Any idea on this problem thanks again.

-me:thmbsp:

welcome to AK..
You have a weird problem.My best guess is the something in the FM or function switch is loading down the power supply for the protect circuit.Or a you have a regulated power supply issue.Maybe a dried up e-cap in the supply.

Maybe Rob "Merrylander" has seen this scenario before and will drop in with some insight.

Have you tried any of the tape or aux inputs? Phono?

Last edited:
thanks avionic for your reply. it has for phono 1 and 2 and or the tape i did not try those but aux works great thats what i use to hook up my mixer. Also do you know about the 2 switches it has in the fron t that read low filter and high filter?
But all in all everything seems to work fine. Im going to try to shoot some air in there next try to clean up as best as i can.:thmbsp:

-marlon

Also do you know about the 2 switches it has in the fron t that read low filter and high filter?
The LOW filter gives a sharp 12db/octave approx. cut-off below 25hz,(Subsonic TT rumble). And the HIGH filter has about the same cut-off slope at frequencies above 10 khz ( tape hiss or record surface noise)

ok cool I notice when i put a 45 on and if the 45 kinda hiss or crackle i hit the high filter and it sounds way better. So the low is for like TT vibration or rumble. that is good to know thanks.

-marlon

Welcome to AK rasme, The 600 is a sweet unit.

I will look to see if I still have a SM for it somewhere and download it to the site if need be. Might be a few got some things coming up the next few.

Barney

I've used the CR-800 manual for the 600...
bad fusistors on the power supply board were my problem, but the symptoms were totally different. A decent place to start anyway... test those fusistors, maybe with the FM running it just can't get enough power to keep the protect circuit open if one or more of those suckers aren't passing power properly. There are 4 on the board if I recall correctly - one was open, the other way off spec. The others were ok, but I replaced them anyway.
Good luck! My CR-600 is currently my living room unit!

Last edited:
I got a chance to check out further the issue with the tuner problem I am having. Still no conclusion i notice there is a little part that click about 2 sec after FM tuner is playing. Maybe somebody can tell me what this part is and if you think this is the problem. I have included 2 pics one is the one with the little clear cap that clicks. the other is a pic of the tuner area.

Attachments

• IMAG0186.jpg
    IMAG0186.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 22
I got a chance to check out further the issue with the tuner problem I am having. Still no conclusion i notice there is a little part that click about 2 sec after FM tuner is playing. Maybe somebody can tell me what this part is and if you think this is the problem. I have included 2 pics one is the one with the little clear cap that clicks. the other is a pic of the tuner area.

Thats the "protect relay" I mentioned in post #2..

Back
Top Bottom