Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

I have just purchased my very first c 4 preamp. When I auditioned it it sounded fine. I brought it home and hooked it up and found that right channel is much lower in volume than the left. I believe I was taken because I was not as educated as I thought and now I need to know what can I do to repair my amp myself.
I hope this is where to post this.
New to ak.
And new to collecting older equipment.
Thanks
Welcome to AK!

I recommend starting a thread on your C-4.

Yamaha rack system

Just took my Yamaha system out of storage and it sounds great.I was going to sell it,but i made the mistake of listening to it one last time.Now i can not seem to part with it.I would like to find some Yamaha speakers to complete it.
C-2 PRE AMP
T-2 TUNER
K-60 CASSETTE
GE-20 EQUALIZER
CDC-765 CD
QL-A7 JVC PHONOGRAPH
B-2 AMP
MARANTZ SP-1815 SPEAKERS
METAL YAMAHA CABINET.

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Just took my Yamaha system out of storage and it sounds great.I was going to sell it,but i made the mistake of listening to it one last time.Now i can not seem to part with it.I would like to find some Yamaha speakers to complete it.
C-2 PRE AMP
T-2 TUNER
K-60 CASSETTE
GE-20 EQUALIZER
CDC-765 CD
QL-A7 JVC PHONOGRAPH
B-2 AMP
MARANTZ SP-1815 SPEAKERS
METAL YAMAHA CABINET.

That's what I'd be keeping and looking for either NS1000 or NS 2000 speakers.

C-2 PRE AMP
T-2 TUNER
K-60 CASSETTE
GE-20 EQUALIZER
CDC-765 CD
QL-A7 JVC PHONOGRAPH
B-2 AMP
MARANTZ SP-1815 SPEAKERS
METAL YAMAHA CABINET.

Welcome to the Forum...GREAT set up, but please...a photo!

Just for now had planned to sell it,hooked it up for the first time in years.Now I dont think I can part with it.I am going to clean it up and move it to the living room.

Just took my Yamaha system out of storage and it sounds great.I was going to sell it, but i made the mistake of listening to it one last time. Now i can not seem to part with it. I would like to find some Yamaha speakers to complete it.
C-2 PRE AMP
T-2 TUNER
K-60 CASSETTE
GE-20 EQUALIZER
CDC-765 CD
QL-A7 JVC PHONOGRAPH
B-2 AMP
MARANTZ SP-1815 SPEAKERS
METAL YAMAHA CABINET.
Very nice. But you should trade me that T-2 for my TX-1000.

Thats beyond my budget.I do have a relative in the military stationed in Japan I am thinking about contacting him about a PX-2 TT and some NS1000 Speakers.I will just have to see.

Thats beyond my budget.I do have a relative in the military stationed in Japan I am thinking about contacting him about a PX-2 TT and some NS1000 Speakers.I will just have to see.

I'm definitely not trying to push you here, and this will be the very last I will say about the matter I promise:

I lived with the PX-2 for 4 years. The GT 2000 is so far ahead of the PX-2 sound wise that it is worth saving for a bit longer. Very much worth it. The thing about the Source component is that it provides the quality that the other components pass-on. What is lost at the Source is unrecoverable with better amps and speakers.

No thanks,but could use some advice on a Yamaha turntable that would fit well with the rest of my system.
The YP-D71 is the one that shows up most often and a good rig. Same with the PF-800 or -1000 and they can both be had in black. However the prices on them have soared. The best ones you are likely to find at a reasonable price are the YP-D8 or YP-D10, which are both a nice step up from the others. Then there are always the difficult to find and expensive items like the GT-2000 that are occasionally brought in from Japan by individuals and sold here. But are very spendy. All depends on your budget.

Back
Top Bottom