B2/C2/T2 stack

bktheking

Gitter Done!
Got this set at an affordable price last week, endervox picked it up from Toronto yesterday and came to my place with it- thank you sir!

Start off with an original untouched B2 and yes i've been told it works. I won't fire it up till it's rebuilt here.

avK5Bf.jpg

ZTjphC.jpg

C2, haven't opened it but i'm sure it's untouched. Missing a vol knob. :scratch2:

1hSPJ4.jpg

T2 tuner with all the lamps burnt but it works.

c3NcMj.jpg

Life is good :)

Congratulations! The B-2 and T-2 are special pieces. The C-2 can be a challenge if it's got bad solder joints (which is likely), but that won't be a problem for you.

I too have the C4, I think it will end up being paired to the b2. I'll have to service the c2 and see how it sounds. Might make for a nice pre for the bench.

Should have bought a B2 several years ago. Oh well. One channel seemed odd, but I think it was just a dirty switch.
Anyway enjoy it. It weighs what? Like 65 pounds?

Yeah , 57 lbs to be exact. The switches are terrible, I have to pull the switch board and clean everything.

I'll do the relays with my next mouser order, for some reason Digikey charges almost double for the same relay.

I'll do the relays with my next mouser order, for some reason Digikey charges almost double for the same relay.

You probably noticed that only 1 of the 4 front panel switches is in the signal path. The other 3 switch the 12V relay voltage so you'll likely find that until the relay(s) are changed you'll still have some intermittent output issues ...

Good to know. It wasn't the speaker selector switches that gave issues, it was the input switch and the meter switch on the back panel- only one meter worked until I worked the switch.

Terrible switches is right! IMO they're the worst part of the B-2. Those and the protection relay contacts.

I lived with the B-2 and the C2x for a number of years and my biggest gripe was the buttons on the B-2 and the RCAs on the C2x.

The phono stage on the C2x is a beauty. I wasn't quite so enamoured with the line stage, though it isn't ugly, just a little clouded in my opinion. I have very fond memories of the B-2.

Back
Top Bottom