Holy Cow

Don't know the quality of the unit, but I can't imagine any tuner in the condition described
...has some crackling in the sound...The stereo light does not come on...

being worth that kind of money. At least not for its performance and sound quality anyway. Does anyone know if this is some kind of rare find, like a lost DiVinchi or something?

I know the Scott 4310 is the best tuner Scott made but is it that much better than a Mcintosh MR71 which can be had at a reasonable price. I guess it is one of those supply vs demand things. The 4310 is very rare though.

You hit it on the head: market value is determined by more than performance. Also condition, rarity, and collector enthusiasm for the brand.

Scott 4310 tuner....Is it really that good?

Yes, it is really that good and then some. I'm the one who purchased this tuner and I was very happy to get it for that price. It's been completely restored, the MPX/Mono relay coil has been by-passed for significant sonic improvement (I didn't actually think it was possible to improve on the sonics, but Piere at Mapleshade assured me of this and he was right). By comparison, all other tuners run a very distant second to the 4310 in every conceivable way.

marantz for $35,000.00

No, there's someone ASKING $35,000 for a Marantz model 10. There's a large difference. Let me know when it sells.

It appears that the owner has adjusted the asking price to a more reasonable level, only $6,700.00 O.B.O. A fare sum considering it's only 1 of 100 (or perhaps less than that since most of the original 100 were returned for the functional 10b with the circuit correction).

Yes, it is really that good and then some. I'm the one who purchased this tuner and I was very happy to get it for that price. It's been completely restored, the MPX/Mono relay coil has been by-passed for significant sonic improvement (I didn't actually think it was possible to improve on the sonics, but Piere at Mapleshade assured me of this and he was right). By comparison, all other tuners run a very distant second to the 4310 in every conceivable way.

That sounds great! And welcome to AK. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom