12V Bulb for Luxman T-300

BunsenH

One of the six dial illuminating bulbs in my tuner is blown. There is no marking on it other than 12V. The base is about 0.5" long and 0.312" diameter. It has the small posts that lock it into the socket. (Looks somewhat like a flashlight bulb.)

Does anyone know the style # of this bulb or a possible source for a replacement?

Thanks for any advice.

That base style is called bayonet, if it looks like this:

49-2.jpg

You need to also know either the wattage, or the current, in addition to voltage in order to find the specific replacement.

Or, you can contact our resident lamps guru Dave (member dgwojo) via PM or thru his web site: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~dwojo/index.html

John

Check out GE 1891 - a common (older) automotive dash light bulb. Also used in Stewart-Warner gauges. Don't know about the wattage, though.

dgwojo is your man for bulbs.

Thanks for the replies.

The base looks correct on those suggestions, but the glass part on mine is nearly spherical. My reference to a flashlight bulb may have been misleading in that regard.

I'll measure the resistance of one of the good bulbs to determine the resistance. I'll also follow the Dave lead.

Thanks for the replies.

The base looks correct on those suggestions, but the glass part on mine is nearly spherical.

GE57 is the same base, spherical glass, 3.4W. The GE53 is also spherical, but smaller in diameter, 2W. Both standard two-pin automotive dash/gauge bulbs. Tons of photos online.

GE53 looks like the guy. BulbAmerica shows a listing. I wonder if a local auto parts store might have them?

Many thanks for the accurate lead.

That's one of the small miracles of AK... where else would you learn that you can buy lamps for Luxman equipment (some Technics too) at NAPA?

John

Let's take this a step further.....I would like to replace all eleven bulbs. The schematic shows absolutely nothing concerning voltage and current or watts. The six dial lamps are 12v as indicated on the bulbs themselves, but what about current or wattage? OK, we'll go with NAPA for those...Then there are two bulbs in series that light up the AM indicator, and the AM side of the dial pointer...same goes for FM - again two bulbs in series. Then finally, the stereo indicator. These are the tiny "grain of wheat" style bulbs that have no writing on them at all. Dgwojo...help from you, if you please?

Studying the schematic, the two sets of series bulbs are 6v each bulb. Still don't know the wattage/current. The stereo indicator bulb is a mystery...the schematic does not show clearly how this works. Q20 is the lamp driver, but trying to follow back the supply to it's emitter, it does not lead to any power source that I can see! Please help me!

I think you and your tuner are on the right track. Nice component you have there.

I have two Luxman receivers, and I have considered going LED, but I keep having the lamps replaced. About every 18 months, at least one lamp goes.

Got to admit, the old designs still have a nice look.:beerchug:

Blue Shadow, thanks for your thought. I resolved the issue myself by trial and error, going through my new bulbs stock. I used a unlabeled bulb for the stereo indicator, so no idea on voltage and current, but it worked fine. For the AM and FM indicators, and the needle bulbs, I used 6v, 55ma. These all worked fine. For the six bayonette style radio dial bulbs, I used 14.4v, 135ma.
Bynem, I am often confronted with this decision.....some customers want bulbs to maintain original condition, others like the long term reliability if LEDs. I always leave it up to the customer.

replacement fo rthe Luxman T110/U
Interesting that you have posted you have the bulbs for the 110 available on the bay here in a thread about the T-300 and in another thread you ask what bulbs are in the T-110.

Back
Top Bottom