Fun in Ohio! Midwest Audiofest April 11-13

I'll be there

The wife's not pregant, so I'll need another excuse to miss the event. I hope to be there with my Moth. MikE

Well,

I'm really thinking it's looking like we'll have a blast, plenty of good brain power attending, and lots of fun guys!! I hope you can make it.
What's the scenario with your wife??!!
MBB

I'll should be getting there Thursday night. It was a great time last year...and it should be another great time this year!

MikeB...Looks like there are going to be a bunch of great speakers at this event (both types of speakers). As I said...this event is alotta fun, even if H.E. speakers aren't your thing...but, if you've got just a slight curiosity about HE speakers...you gotta go to this event! (MikeB...correct me on this) There should be a number of DIY and smaller speaker makers there displaying their stuff. There will be some lowther/Fostex designs including the Abby's...Bruce Edgar will be there again with his TiTan system, Bill Martinelli's gorgeous wood horns and several DIY hobbyist speakers. Are there going to be any AdvanteGarde or Oris type horns this year? If there are...that would just about cover all the bases.

Should be a good time! :beerchug: thanks!

Avantegarde says "no"; they never actually responded to my invite, but through the grapevine I heard they didn't think "their" kind of customer would be there.......
Ron Wellborne has indicated he thinks they will be there with an Oris system, however.................that'll be nice, presuming they do attend. It looks like they are likely to................
MBB

Originally posted by mikebake
Avantegarde says "no"; they never actually responded to my invite, but through the grapevine I heard they didn't think "their" kind of customer would be there.......

They're probably right...well, in a way. Most of the people going to THIS event would probably rather DIY a pair of Oris horns before shelling out $12,000 on up for some ready made speakers.

While I would not buy these speakers myself (ha..partly because I could never afford them)...these speakers are one of the reasons I got interested in listening to HE horns. I always viewed horns as being loud and shouty...and some of the designs I have heard were a bit shouty...I still haven't heard what decent horns can actually do. I then auditioned some Duo's with Viva amplification. What struck me about the duos, was the delicacy they produced...or...re-produced. How could a horn (of all things) produce sound so delicate? (I asked myself)...I thought...this just couldn't be...unless...unless...tho I've heard horns before...perhaps I just haven't heard horns done well.
That's my little story with the Dous...sure, they aren't the best sounding horn system around...and they do have some problems (that they may have worked out with their new basshorns...I don't know...haven't heard them) But they do sound good...and they are what led me on the path of building my own EdgarHorn speakers. :D

Ron Wellborne has indicated he thinks they will be there with an Oris system, however.................that'll be nice, presuming they do attend. It looks like they are likely to................
MBB

Cool...hmmm....maybe...sure...cool. :confused: wait...did you just say they would be there...or not ;) i guess we'll both know for sure in April.

Back
Top Bottom