Do you like a nice Bologna Sammich?

Bologna yay or nay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you like hot dogs? If so, then realize they are basically one in the same.

Actually, I don't like hot dogs for much the same reason as I don't like bologna - pig's ears, snouts and anuses mixed up with massive amounts of nitrates. I can snarf some good bratwurst though.

I do like them but don't eat them to close to bedtime. Weird dreams.

That's interesting. Last night I dreamt I was in the video game "Doom" shooting monsters, and had Japanese Yakuza chasing me around. They caught me, and were gonna feed me powdered donuts until my stomach was full, then punch me in the belly, similar to the movie "Seven".

I woke up completely freaked out. Why powdered donuts? Why the Yakuza?

Either I need more drugs, or less drugs, not sure which. :smoke:

I dreamt I was a blood elf on a Timeless Island, opening up treasure chests and fighting back giant turtles.

Bologna stuffed pork belly ...GET IN MY BELLY! :D

ebd2c27b-9b8d-41ff-a7ad-832baf9df58c.jpg

You gotta fry that bologna, toast up some rye bread, layer on the mayo and stack some lettuce and tomato on top. Sounds like a Jimmy Buffett song.

Tuna and blue cheese ... dang its gud!

I dreamt I was a blood elf on a Timeless Island, opening up treasure chests and fighting back giant turtles.

Man, is that a thread waiting to happen, or what???

I can see it now

"AK'ers, tell us your most effed up dream that you remember"

As for bologna, that humble meat, my friend has a patented method of smoking it. When he is done, a bologna log is PURPLE, and tastes like manna from heaven, tho I usually eschew it because of the aforementioned ingredients, pig lips and butt.

Still, it's pretty damn yummy. Get over our cultural fears, and god knows what we'll eat. I once had groundhog, and was shocked to find out I liked it.

I like a good quality hot dog, but something about bologna made me leave it behind years ago. I did used to pan fry it though, gets some of the greasiness out of it. Also works on that cheap salami lunch meat.

Now, a real Italian Mortadella I will eat, on a Muffaletta sandwich. :yes:

Two slices fried, American cheese, Mayo, butter the bread and fry again. Mmmmm, Bologna sammich disguised as grilled cheese.

Been years but when I was a kid I liked to make pressed bologna sandwiches, just added a little mustard and then grilled it using a waffle iron that had reversible plates in it - flat on one side, waffley on the other.

Greasy and disgusting and probably took years off my life (same for the Spam + English muffins breakfast my mom used to make for us occasionally as a treat) but damn I liked eating them! Not sure if I could put one down now or not... :scratch2:

John

Back
Top Bottom