Pyle screen

mitchr97

Hi, this is my first post so please go easy on me..

I have a Pyle pwd40mu and the screen is garbage. When its light out the glare is so bad you can't even see it. So I turned the brightness up. Nope. All it does is makes all the color mash together. So I was thinking either replace the light with a brighter one or switch out the screen all together. Turns out, my phone's screen (htc one s) has about the same size screen. I figure i could get one off eBay for like $15. Any ideas?

I don't want any of the "sell it a get a different one" because that just isn't an option.

Pulled it apart and I don't think I will be able to replace the light. It is just a slim metal box. But the touch part looks like it is the base pic my problem

Sorry, newb question, what is r11?

It's the thing located between Q44 and S3. (If you have a >very< old model, it is possible the R11 might be labeled R111.)

It's been a while since I worked on these, and I have to struggle to remember all the details. However, I am pretty certain that R11 is worth finding and checking.

BTW- how do you like the PWD40 when it is working? Enough power for you?

-k

Sorry, it's a PLD40MU not pwd40mu... But ya, I've had it for about 2 months and it pushes my big ass 4ohm speakers just fine. The only problem I've had is the screen, and a couple are just features that you can't disable (or not that I know of) that I don't like.

Last edited:
I was just following Ken's lead. He's a respected engineer and I figured he knew what he was talking about.
(Then I read that he didn't).

Back
Top Bottom