My favorite movie: Evil Dead II (Not the remake)

JesusChrysler

...drives a Dodge ; )
Not much to say folks.

I am a simple person. I have loved this movie since my first viewing.

I do not care if you despise it. Love or hate are the only two options here.

Just watched it now. Been a while. Never gets old.

Sorry. No point here other than warm, runny nostalgia of a bad b-movie from 1987. I was 15.

Guess I never grew up.

But I know what I like.

Matt

Personally,I liked the nasty 1st one best! The sequel is OK,but way too far-fetched and comedic for my liking...heck,even the blood was now a silly green color...what a cop out!

It's one of my "Halloween" favorite movies, though I have played it too much over the years. The performance is so over-the-top that it is hilarious.

For some reason, I'm thinking that if you like this you may like the Vincent Price "Masque Of The Red Death". Not a light movie by any means but it has a different feel from his other movies. The level of evil in his heart is rarely matched anywhere.

For some Vincent Price that is more tongue-in-cheek, try the first Dr. Phipes. I saw this on Halloween with my sister at the theatre in 1973 when I was 13.

I liked both EVIL DEAD movies. In fact, I like every movie Sam Raimi has ever done, including all 3 SPIDERMANS. His film A SIMPLE PLAN was also excellent, imo.

The 1st "Evil Dead" was filmed about half-hour/45 minutes from where I live..Seems like the 2nd one was filmed fairly locally, too. The only other film I'm aware of that was filmed locally was the Mel Gibson/Sissy Spacek stinkeroo, "The River" in the mid '80s...

Just pulled it up on Amazon Prime two weeks ago so I could introduce my 13 year-old son to it. Maybe we'll knock out ED2 this weekend. :thmbsp:

Gotta love Hellraiser, too.

Far from my favorite movie but yeah, Evil Dead 2 is up there. I think that was definitely the pinnacle of the Evil Dead series.

Is that the one where he cuts his own hand off, and it starts taunting him? Then all the appliances, and something like a deer head laughs at him? That's a good movie, it falls into the category of "so bad, it's brilliant".

Other movies like this are "The Class of Nuke 'Em High" and "Blood Beach".

Lee.

Back
Top Bottom