easy fix or major issue

beer

Hello, There is a cr-2020 that is for sale and it is stated that it plays fine but after 2-5 minutes it shuts off. What might be the cause, and should I stay away or is it a relatively easy fix.
Thanks,
Beer

Looks like the item sold, but still curious to know what might cause this.
thanks,

Last edited:
Could be the sd234s on the power supply... or the resistors involved in the service bulletin.
Just a guess, but a good place to start.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hello, There is a cr-2020 that is for sale and it is stated that it plays fine but after 2-5 minutes it shuts off. What might be the cause, and should I stay away or is it a relatively easy fix.
Thanks,
Beer

Looks like the item sold, but still curious to know what might cause this.
thanks,

Could have been alot of things--cold solder connection,transistors..If it was the SB resistors in would not have initially worked at all.

It really all depends on what the price of it is
I am living proof that anything can be fixed with help from those above
(Literally above, Avionic and 4 seat whose divinity I will leave alone for now)
That would be a nice unit for the right price it would be worth spending some time with a soldering iron

you give me FAR too much credit. I just poke around till I find dodgy parts. Avionic/EW/ML etc are much more experienced, and actually know where to look and what too look for. I've been helped greatly by those guys too.

I do have a 2020 here that sometimes works, sometimes doesn't... and the problem is the SB resistors. The connection is right on the raggedy edge - a light tap to the board, moving the receiver, and even just time will cause it to go from working to dead. Other than that this particular one is probably the finest example of any CR I have, and a rarely found multi-volt model to boot... Good news is it's an easy fix - once you get access. That's the tricky part.

Last edited:
this one was listed for 85 on craigslist. I thought it would go quick. I already have a couple of yamahas needing a look into so I could not see getting this one. Thanks for the info, i'll be back when I have a chance to crack the other units open.
Thanks,
Beer

Back
Top Bottom