Yamaha M2 or CA-2010 Which one would you choose and..

GlobalWarming

Why?

Seems like they both sell for about the same price, well at least around here, and I do not understand that. I know I want one of these two in the future.....I would also like to have a pair of Kappa 8 speakers and I DO NOT listen louder than two on the scale (actually two is sometimes too loud) so I think they would be both OK.

Thanks in advance for your comments...

i want an M-2 as well at some point. while it's difficult to account for taste in sound, the M-2 performs at another level. that being said, with the CA-2010 you don't need a preamp and you get some built-in tone controls to vary the sound. plus the CA-2010 has that silver look that many prefer.

Do you think the CA-2010 is more "living room" friendly?
I think that is a big factor.
The difference in watts Would make me believe that the M2 would sell for a lot more than it does, but looks I think play a big part

bild

1yamaha2994.jpg

Last edited:
:lmao: I was really not expecting that! :lmao:

Those pictures make a good argument for my comments; The M2 looks like a black bear in the woods ready to jump at you, while the CA-2010 looks more like a society lady at a formal dinner. :lmao:

Last edited:
I'd get the CA-2010. Why? Because I bought a CA-600 in 1977 and still have it and a couple of CRs from the same era. Only issue has been to replace bulbs.

I appreciate the "industrial" look (and specs) of the M-2, but for me, the CA/CR years of Yamaha represent vintage audio to me. Must have something to do with being raised during the '60s with a Big Ass tubed Grundig console with miles of beautiful wood.

I've found myself gravitating more and more to less and less "black" (no wood) vintage gear over the years. It just doesn't have as much "soul" to me. YMMV

I'd get the CA-2010. Why? Because I bought a CA-600 in 1977 and still have it and a couple of CRs from the same era. Only issue has been to replace bulbs.

I appreciate the "industrial" look (and specs) of the M-2, but for me, the CA/CR years of Yamaha represent vintage audio to me. Must have something to do with being raised during the '60s with a Big Ass tubed Grundig console with miles of beautiful wood.

I've found myself gravitating more and more to less and less "black" (no wood) vintage gear over the years. It just doesn't have as much "soul" to me. YMMV

I could have gotten a brand new M-2 in "80"..But settled for a M-4.. My brother picked up a brand new CA-1010 about a year before .

Last edited:
Another vote for the M-2 but my preference would be for the PC2002M. The M-2 has three pairs of T-03 outputs per channel while the PC2002M has fours pairs per channel. Both are 240 wpc so the PC2002M is less stressed. The CA-2010 is a nice amp but it is not in the same class as the others.

Does it make a difference that the 2010 plays in Class A. I don't believe the M-2 does. Avionic, why the M-2 hands down?

I prefer the black.And the power. Mostly a aestetic(sp) thing..Not really concerned about class"A"..THEY GET TO HOT...I can't believe I said that..LOL

Last edited:
Does it make a difference that the 2010 plays in Class A. I don't believe the M-2 does. Avionic, why the M-2 hands down?

The CA-2010 in Class A and normal mode sounded nearly the same but the extra heat in Class A is not an acceptable trade-off, IMO.

3698805930_dd397f843d.jpg

OMG....she is soooo beautiful! This is as close as I get to a strip show. Where do I place the dollar bills? :yes:

DK

Uh... you mean loonies! :smoke:

You are right. It really shows my age. I have not been in a strip joint since Canada "had" dollar bills. That makes me wonder now, what is strip club ettiquette for the loonie, or has the "donation" been increased to a 5 dollar bill? :scratch2:

DK

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom