Tube-DAC11 usb vs spdif input

I've used both inputs to my DAC-11. In my setup both are really good sounding but depending on the vintage and processing speed PC the audio is coming from you may want to use the digital out if that's an option and then the USB and compare.

Wb

I ran the USB output from my 2009 MacBook Pro running Audirvana to the USB input of the TD-11 and had frequent distortion and dropping of the the connection. I bought a NuForce U192S USB to SPDIF converter and connected that between the MBP and the TD-11. It works fine. Yes, I could go optical out of the MBP to the optical in on the TD-11 but I use that input for my CD player.

I can't judge the quality of USB vs. optical input on the TD-11 from the MBP but the first config didn't work reliably and the second did so that's the answer I wanted. My MBP was the last one to not have audio embedded in the HDMI output so it may have other audio oddities that were fixed in later versions.

Last edited:
okay, im asking because I play games with my PC too so I was wondering that might affect the clock audio speed since the tubedac-11 isnt asynchronus...

anyone know if the usb clock speed for audio data comes from the CPU or the motherboard ?

otherwise i might just get the m2tech hiface2 usb to spdif converter-- if anyone tried that product please share your thoughts thx

Back
Top Bottom