Yamaha tech close to Louisville

GP Hill

I bought a CA 2010 on eBay and received it today. It has a dead left channel that was not disclosed from the seller. It's still up in the air whether or not I will keep it but I thought I would try and find someone that was knowledgable in case it stays here. Really anybody within a hundred miles would be okay. This amp is in great cosmetic shape and if I keep it I want to put in good shape. Also the tuner input section is dead.

I bought a CA 2010 on eBay and received it today. It has a dead left channel that was not disclosed from the seller. It's still up in the air whether or not I will keep it but I thought I would try and find someone that was knowledgable in case it stays here. Really anybody within a hundred miles would be okay. This amp is in great cosmetic shape and if I keep it I want to put in good shape. Also the tuner input section is dead.

Excersize the coupler switch on the rear panel a couple dozen times and retry the left channel. As for the tuner you can try and deox the input select switch.

Excersize the coupler switch on the rear panel a couple dozen times and retry the left channel. As for the tuner you can try and deox the input select switch.

Thanks I will. I really want to keep this amp and hope I can get it to work.

There has to be someone in Louisville that can help ya.They used to have a McIntosh dealer there,I would check who they send their work to.I have not used them but a place called Magnetic Tape Recorder has been recommended.

From your description of the amp, I would say it's worth keeping/repairing. The 2010 was the TOTL Integrated Amp.

I stopped by Lyndon TV and radio repair this afternoon and talked to a nice lady about fixing my amp. Turns out they are an authorized repair center and warranty shop for a ton of audio manufacturers and have been in business since 1954. She told me they regularly did repair work on older stereo equipment including a bunch of Marantz stuff recently. I think I'm going to give them a shot to fix my 2010.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 12
Lyndon TV repair is a Yamaha warranty repair center. I wonder if I can get this covered under warranty? Seriously maybe they are the one to fix my amp.

I dropped my amp off today (Saturday), and spent probably 20 minutes talking to the guy in the shop. He's into vintage gear ( Marantz ) and told me the fellow that works on the older stuff is around 70 and has been doing it all his life. He also said that working on the older stuff is a hobby for him. Another thing that impressed me is that the guy told me they should have an estimate by this Wednesday . Sounds like I might of found a good place to work on my amp. I will let you know.

Good work my man! And Yes, the Wildcats prevail once again! Don't hold your breath about any warranty coverage:no:

Well, an update on my ca 2010. Turns out Lyndon TV repair wasn't the one to fix my amp. They had it two weeks and couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. I have another place I'm going to try. Wish me luck.

If you come up zeros,I'll do a search in the Cincinnati area.I personally don't know anyone who runs a shop but I'll do some investigation.You got to get that fixed,its a keeper!

Back
Top Bottom