Questions for crossover rebuilders

JDub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
For those of you who have upgraded crossovers and left them outside the speaker cabinets:

What did you mount the new XOs in/on?
How did you get the signal from the new XOs into the cabinet?

I'm currently amassing components to rebuild the crossovers in my Quartets - any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Though mine (ALK) are inside my LaScalas, I would think you could simply lengthen the wire from crossover to driver.

The stock XO is mounted to the input cup.

You can make a new plate either from 1/4 in. wood, masonite, plastic, ect..

Then install as many binding posts as necessary.

You can always reinstall the original XO if you wish to sell the speakers in the future.

Used the original boards on my KG-4's and reinstalled ....I am very happy with the results:music:

Attachments

• P1070226.jpg
    P1070226.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 44
  • P1070227.jpg
    P1070227.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 49
Thats a cool idea. I could even see puttig the XOs in a small caged encosure. What type of caps do you recommend?

Give me a little time and I will look up what details I can. I did get the black acrylic sheets on eBay. The rest came from different places that I will post later.

:thmbsp: where did you purchase the parts etc from?? I have a pair of 1989 HII that are still stock. I looked at the pic's from your DIY networks and want to try this next winter.

As already mentioned I got the acrylic plates for the crossovers and speaker back plates on ebay. The terminal blocks also. I used terminal blocks so I could easily experiment with different values for the components.

I got the capacitors, inductors and binding posts form Madisound.

The autoformers are 3636 models from Bob Crites.

Hope this helps.

If you want more specific info PM me.

As already mentioned I got the acrylic plates for the crossovers and speaker back plates on ebay. The terminal blocks also. I used terminal blocks so I could easily experiment with different values for the components.

I got the capacitors, inductors and binding posts form Madisound.

The autoformers are 3636 models from Bob Crites.

Hope this helps.

If you want more specific info PM me.

:thmbsp: Thanks......... several years ago I purchased new Type B networks from Crites (his CT-125 tweeters :music:) on cedar boards for my Cornwalls (1979). It's about time to either re-cap my stock HII (1989) or DIY on new boards like a older Heresy. Good idea on the binding posts, I will PM you later for more details.
Louis

Back
Top Bottom