Ian is fading away??

RIP Ian and sincerest condolences to Rachel and family. So very sorry to hear this news but I'm sure Ian is rocking away. Cranking up my Rita and RBS's in memory.

Ian fought the good fight & appeared to keep a great attitude through it all. He will be sorely missed by all of us audiophiles who are the better for knowing him. Rachel, you are in our thoughts during this difficult time. Peace be with you.

Ian's cremation was carried out yesterday and today is my first day trying get back to work after his passing. Still no good on the phone as I cannot stop tears when someone offer condolences. I will stick to emails for a while.

Ian's ashes will be scattered to Canadian west coast where he loves the mountains and ocean. We had always wanted to do a motorhome trip to Vancouver Island but Ian's health condition did not allow us to make it. I will take him there at end of the month and let him rest in peace forever among the Canadian natural beauty. Each time I flew back to China, I will know he is with me every step of the way.

There will be no further services for Ian as he is never a man caring about formality. I will organize two catering services to the Agape Hospice next week for all their staff to thank for their wonderful care for Ian and support to me during his last days there. Ian and I took the hospice as our home for the last two months of his life, surrounded by care and love from people we never knew before but with a heart of angel. Ian has always been a generous person to give back whenever he can. The catering will be carried out in memory of Ian.

This morning I went to a nearby park by the highway close to our office. Ian and I had many night walks there when he couldn't sleep because of his back pain. Two hawks hovered over me for nearly half an hour - I would like think that's Ian's spirit to come to tell me all if fine and not to worry. I no longer worry about him as he is no longer in pain and suffering. I just miss him so badly.

Here is what I wrote Ian and read for Ian before his cremation commencement yesterday. Audio forum was a big part of Ian's life, professionally and personally as many friendship grew from forum interaction that we never had expected.

My dearest Ian,

Standing here among your real friends who were there for you when you were most down, I have a million things to say and ask you, but words are pale to describe how I feel for you at this moment.

If only I could put my hands in your hands again,
If only you could put your arms around me again,
If only you could stroke my hair again,
If only we could dream about our future together again,
….

I would trade my life for one more moment of happiness with you, but we are going to be forever separated until someday we reunite again. Please know that I will never forget you, never stop loving you, never stop caring for you. A wise lady said I must be sent to be your angel in this life, now I ask you to be my angel to look over for me for all days to come. My spirit will be with you no matter where you are now, so you will never be short of a real friend and you will never feel lonely, betrayed, hurt or abandoned.

When I see a raven flying over the sky, I know it is you coming to see me;
When I hear wind chime sings, I know it is you telling me everything will be fine;
When Genesis songs are played, I will think of you and your passion;
When grass turns green for children to walk on barefoot, I will think of you and your courageous fight for just one more happy day of us together;
When I drive through mountains and looking out to the blue ocean, I will think of you and your love for life that no one can match.

In spite of all challenges we had to face in the short time we had together, I have lived my life to the fullest with no fear of failure while having you beside me. When someday sadness and sorrow are replaced by joy and hope again, I promise that I will forever have you in my heart that no one can replace.

My dearest Ian, please rest in peace. I am still holding you, not in my arms anymore but in my heart and in my soul, until the end of time. You will travel the earth with me no matter where I go; you will see my tears and hear my laughter, just as if I see yours and hear yours each and every day.

Good-bye my love and my best friend. Take a safe journey, till the day I see you again.

Your best friend with forever love,
Rachel

Thank you again for everyone's support during Ian's cancer journey to today. Your love is forever cherished by Ian and myself. May good music bring joy to your life, just like it did to Ian and mine.

My deepest gratitude to everyone,
Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

Last edited:
Thank you for the update.

Reading this is the only way I will ever know Ian. What a wonderful person, couple, and life I see here.

Take care.

RIP Ian. My thoughts are with Rachel and his family.

A very sad loss indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom