TubeDAC-11 ASIO USB Driver

iGrant

Grant Fidelity Forum Moderator
Freeware 24/96 ASIO USB driver now available for download from the TubeDAC-11 product page near the top. Please read the readme.txt file eh!

http://shop.grantfidelity.com/Grant-Fidelity-TubeDAC-11-D-A-Converter.html

Sounds great to my ears.

Only for the Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11

Note:

When selecting 24 Bit in the GF-Yulong ASIO Driver it upsamples any lower bit/sample rates to 24/96 for passing to the TubeDAC-11, you can keep the driver app window open and select 44/16 for bit perfect redbook and switch between 16 and 24 bit for even more listening options on the TubeDAC-11 :)

Cheers,
Ian

Thanks, fixed it. From the read me file:

Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 24bit/96kHz ASIO USB Drivers, Please read thru before installing.

Freeware, not to be redistibuted without permission from Grant Fidelity. Ensure you only download from the Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11 Product page to avoid viruses etc.

These drivers are not required to enjoy high-end 24bit/96kHz USB Audio from your GF TubeDac-11, however listening test have demonstrated a more refined sound by bypassing the Windows Audio Kernal and Mixers.

YULONG Audio DAC ASIO Software Package V0.91.14.1a for Grant Fidelity TubeDAC-11

No warranties implied. While tested on various systems there is no guarantee it will work on your Windows computer.

Please limit enquiries to the Grant Fidelity Forum at www.audiokarma.org, this is not an offical part of the TubeDAC-11 product, it is offered for experimentation.

For Windows XP thru Win 7, 32 and/or 64 bit.

Setup,

Connect GF TubeDAC-11 to USB port on computer.

Extract files from Zip,

Run GFTubeDAC-11-Setup.exe, follow simple instructions, allow changes to be made to system.

The Driver App should start automatically behind the scenes everytime you run your computer.

Usage,

Click Yulong Audio DAC ACPL on Start Menu, select ok to make changes to your system. If you close the driver app, just repeat to open again. As long as you can select the Yulong ASIO driver in your music player the driver is loaded.

Select 24 bit. The driver will not be active until you have setup your ASIO compatible music player and play some music. You can monitor the sample and bit rate of the music playing thru the ASIO Driver at the bottom of the driver utlility.

Leave buffer size on auto, this is the preferred setting for typical 2 channel audio playback, only change if glitches present (unlikely) or of using for playback of software based vitual musical instuments where you would set it much lower to reduce latency.

You need an ASIO supprted music player (Such as Foobar with the ASIO component added) to be able to select the Yulong ASIO Driver. In Foobar's Output (Preferences) you can easily change between the GF TubeDAC-11 USB and the Yulong ASIO on the fly for comparisons.

Listening,

As Always with GF gear experiment, you might find you like the stock USB sound over the ASIO sound on certain recordings, a nice revealing system is helpful in hearing the differences, I suggest trying headphones either on the SS front jack or with an adapter the Tube Outputs on the back to get a feel for the difference, then connect it back up to your main system as normal.

Uninstall/Repair,

Run GFTubeDAC-11-Setup.exe, follow simple instructions, allow changes to be made to system.

Enjoy,

Ian
Grant Fidelity

Hi everyone. Got a silly question perhaps. I have my Itunes library all in FLAC and downloaded 24/96 running from my upstairs MAC to the DAC11 via the Air Port Express. I know that it only handles 16 this way. If I was to download the ASIO on my HP laptop and use Foobar? via USB to the DAC would this work using home sharing or is there something similar and easy for a somewhat computer noob??
I need to keep this somewhat WAF too so she can use it. Thanks

From what I understand I'd leave the MAC/Airport system as is and just hook up your HP laptop via USB to the TubeDAC-11 for you to use downstairs. Foobar does have sharing/streaming capabilities, should be moderately easy even for a computer noob to set up, lots of info on the Foobar site. I'd use the GF ASIO driver. What I am hearing is starting to be reported by others.

Getting your Flac file library duplicated is always a good idea, nothing worse than your library being on only one dead drive.

Hope that helps.

Anyone have any input on what they hear different between the GF ASIO and USB drivers?

Cheers,
Ian

Thanks Ian. I definitely want to keep the Mac express dac combo. Just wanted to experiment with the asio driver as well. I will check out some foobar forums.

Ian am I doing something wrong...when I click the link on the DAC11 page I get the RED X Error - The compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted.

?

works fine for me, maybe you need to right click the link to download.

If any problems email us (Contact us page on our site) and I'll email it to you.

Cheers,
Ian

Still nothing Ian sir......I right clicked and saved the zip file but still gives me the same error message.

I was able to get the file....apperantly my zip software was not updated or just bad, so I removed and re-downloaded and I was able to extract the ASIO file.

Another vote for the ASIO driver. It really is fantastic.. and to my ears, it's (noticeably) better sounding than the built in USB driver.

I've got the PC 1.5 cord for the DAC-11 & listening with my HiFiMan HE-500 (through the headphone out). I'm hearing a cleaner, crisper sound from my laptop (HP EliteBook 2540p) using the Yulong driver vs the Win7 built-in driver. It isn't some 'night & day' type of improvement, but definitely noticeable, IME.

Nice job, GF.. I appreciate you guys pulling out the stops to help us get the best possible sound from the DAC-11!

Using Winamp with TubeDAC-11... ASIO Driver

Do I need to change anything in Winamp if I'm using the ASIO driver provided by GF? I think I'm getting a bit of jitter...

I have everything in the ASIO set to 24/96, volume all the way up in Winamp and my computer's volume control. I've set audio to "allow 24-bit audio". I don't see anywhere that would have me set the ASIO driver. Should ASIO show up in the Output plugins? I have it set to Nullsoft Directsound output v 2.6. The other option is Nullsoft Waveout output v2.13... I don't get this stuff...

ok another newb question. I spent all day using apples home sharing to take all my itunes library over to a dedicated laptop that will stay attached to the GF DAC. Workes without any problems. Sounds great. (not sure yet I can fully distinguish the differences yet)... I have tried to install the asio but right away it goes to a winzip app that I installed long ago and didn't purchase. I deleted that program and still shows up when I try the Yulong aiso. Any other way I can do this without paying the 30 bucks for winzip?
I cant believe I even got this far without a stumble,,, thats how new I am to computer audio. :D and Im only 35.... I should know this stuff.

google winrar, shareware that never expires for opening zip and rar files.

Hope that helps,
Ian

^ I found out I have the same problem with my work laptop. It does not have winzip, so I downloaded a free zip but it does not bring in the full ASIO files. I don't get the setup.exe or anything.
I downloaded on my wifes laptop, it all appears fine, but I cannot email the files to myself for some reason.
I'll try and get our IT to load me winzip program and go from there.

Is there any way to keep the ASIO driver interface from popping up every time I start the computer?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom