Ian is fading away??

fanghorn

AK Member
Subscriber
a post on another audio forum says that Ian is in a hospice and is fading away?? What did I miss?:tears:

There's an update today on the Grant Fidelity site...Ian is in hospice care, so it appears that the final act is playing itself out. I can empathize, since I was just there with my niece. It's a terribly painful time for all involved, and all I can do is to offer my condolences and hope that the strength needed to muster your way through the hurt and pain will somehow find its way to those involved. We're thinking of you all Rachel.

Prayers and best wishes from many members of the AK community are sent Rachel and Ian's way.

This is sad news indeed.

My prayers go out to Rachel, Ian and all that are saddened by this news.

Wonderful people and I'm happy I had the privilege of talking with them a few times over the years. He really made a difference in the hi-fi business with excellent products and business model. His basic passion for the whole subject has always been infectious. My thoughts and prayers go out to Ian, his wife and family.

Phil,
the original is on Audio Asylum under "General Asylum" re thetubeguy1954 10:48:56 06/07/14 (26)
I saw Ian and Rachel yesterday, and they are in as good spirits as can be expected. Ian is still quick to give a smile as usual. It is very hard to see the impact on both Ian and Rachel . We saw them last monday and you can already see the change. The medication seems to be keeping the pain relatively under control though, so he is sleeping quite a bit. It's always difficult when this happens to people who are liked and respected by so many.
Guy

Last edited:
Very sad indeed. I wish I could say anything that would help but I'm at a loss. Peace be with you both.

cubdog

My thoughts are with Ian & Rachel during this extremely difficult time. Thank you so much for all the wonderful contributions that you have made to the audiophile community. It was a privilege. May your hospice time be long & without pain ...

Ian and Rachel have done a lot to bring back affordable tube audio to Western Canada and especially Calgary. I got lucky when I met them both and purchased my 1st tube amp what seems now a short half-decade ago.

I've got Ian to thank for making audio fun again and think of them both often when I fire up my tube gear or test another tube.

I became the care giver last fall to my BIL with cancer and brought hospice in last January. The BIL left us six weeks ago. My sister will be with hospice care soon. I deepest sympathy does out to Rachel. Experiencing situations like this first hand is an eye opener.

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm a hospice volunteer and have seen that there is a lot of life, love and insight that comes into the lives of the ill person and those close to them as the end draws near. May this be a time of love and peace for Ian, Rachel and their family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom