Chicago Audio Fest March 2013?

Yeah, you could take the Blue Line from downtown and be there in a short time. I wish it were at the Hyatt here, as I basically live in...the Hyatt! Or attached to it via a tunnel.

I plan on going if I'm in town. It'll be a blast. We should all get together.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

I'm planning on it personally and this weekend I will see if a group of my SMAC (Southeastern Michigan Audio Club) members would like to make a group outing of it some how. Could be quite a few. This does sound like a lot of fun.

Thanks guys for the heads up about local transport as I am sure that a lot of folks from out of town need to get their bearings as they make plans.

Happy (shy town) Listening!:beatnik:

Could be fun.

Haven't attended one of these since CES at McCormack Place 20 something years ago.

Rob:

Train is 6 hour ride to the Loop (basically same time as driving) and I think there are about 3 daily. Price is about $40-80 one way depending upon time and availability. It's OK if you're alone, but if you're traveling with someone, it's actually better to have a vehicle. City parking is "interesting" but you're not constrained by the El, but there's a TON of stuff around the El routes so it's not as bad as it sounds. I lived there for 3 years and my daughter goes to school there, so I've done both recently.

I'd drive to Rosemont and than take the El into the city for some nightlife. Any kind of music, any kind of food, anytime. Chicago is a GREAT city for a good time; it absolutely trounces Detroit on so many levels.

Hope this is still on, but the links are all dead.

Site is back up. With MusicDirect driving this event, I have a strong feeling it will go off, and go well.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯ `· .¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>‏

Rob:

Train is 6 hour ride to the Loop (basically same time as driving) and I think there are about 3 daily. Price is about $40-80 one way depending upon time and availability. It's OK if you're alone, but if you're traveling with someone, it's actually better to have a vehicle. City parking is "interesting" but you're not constrained by the El, but there's a TON of stuff around the El routes so it's not as bad as it sounds. I lived there for 3 years and my daughter goes to school there, so I've done both recently.

I'd drive to Rosemont and than take the El into the city for some nightlife. Any kind of music, any kind of food, anytime. Chicago is a GREAT city for a good time; it absolutely trounces Detroit on so many levels.

Hope this is still on, but the links are all dead.

I'm well aware of the train logistics (and advance purchase of business class seating is worth the extra), done it dozens of times Andy (Chi-town has been there a while) but, wasn't clear about the location for the event when I spoke. I would drive it too, given it's basically at O'hare and you won't pay the absorbent city parking prices at the hotel either. So I just need to see if global warming is going to sufficiently remove the need to leave snow tires on the Cooper, as they really aren't best suited for long highway drives. And that's 'L'-train, geez, you would be more likely to find an El-train in South America. :D

:beatnik:

Back
Top Bottom