Tech recommendations in Detroit area?

iamjaymo

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Can anyone recommend a good (ok, great) tech to do some recap work on a couple vintage receivers/integrated amps? Preferably in the Detroit metro area, West side (Ann Arbor, Plymouth, Farmington, etc. would be fantastic).

I have a brilliant looking Pioneer SX-5580 (black faced Eur model) that needs a restore as sell as some Sansui integrated amps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Jaymo

Mike is usually backed up pretty far but does good work.

I've had good luck with Morrell Electronics.

22770 Orchard Lake Rd
Farmington, MI 48336

(248) 474-1591‎

Let us know who you find and end up using. There are quite a few of us out here that occasionally need a good tech.

I will also be looking for someone someday in the future to rebuilt a Marantz 4400.
I'll be interested in your experience.

Heard some casual recommendations (off line) about ABL Electronics Services in Madison Heights. Anyone use them before?

Looking for a Michigan Tech

A pretty old post , by i am all so looking for a tech in the Detroit area. Grumpy suggested i post in the SMAC section,i have talked to Mike at Radio X and it looks like he is backed up for a year plus and only does Tuners now. So no go there. I have some speakers that are only getting sound out of the mids. and a Sansui 8 deluxe that i would love to get checked out. Hope i can hook up with someone here local. when is the next meet ? would love to join and get to know more of the great ppl here at AK..THX much for your time, not sure if i should of started a new thread ?

I've heard nothing but good things about

Morrell Electronics

22770 Orchard Lake Rd
Farmington, MI 48336

(248) 474-1591‎

I have used Morrell on several jobs, including the resurrection of two of my Sony V-FET power amps after the August flooding. I have nothing but high regard for them. Highly recommended.

Look up seller Cherish44 on Ebay, Bill is excellent and a true professional.

I just had Cherish 44 work on two Pioneer receivers. I cannot recommend Bill enough!!! He's located in Lansing. Please look him up on Ebay as Cherish 44. He can fix anything! Integrity, craftsmanship & very professional!!!

Back
Top Bottom