How long for a relay click?

SuperLead100

"These go to 11"
When I power up my CA 1010 it takes about 5-6 seconds for the relay to click; is that a relatively normal amount of time for a relay to kick in on this amp?

Otherwise everything else is fine.

Thanks...

Has it been this way since you got it? Or has it changed?

If it has always been this way, it is probably ok. If it has changed then you might want to investigate the protection circuit.

In the cosmic scheme of things 5~6 seconds is not out of line.

When I power up my CA 1010 it takes about 5-6 seconds for the relay to click; is that a relatively normal amount of time for a relay to kick in on this amp?

Thanks...

6 sec + _ on all my gear is norm

Thank you for the replies. Yes this has been a standard relay click time for this amp; I think I am just comparing to my newer A-S500 which is about 3-4 seconds.

It's one of those things where you start thinking about it as nothing then you keep thinking about it until you're paranoid:worried:

Thanks again!

Thanks...

Long enough for the DC offset to stabilize.Some amps will stabilize quicker than others.E-cap in the protect circuits dry out and change values which changes delay time.Has the 1010 PS board been recapped ? 4-5 seconds nothing to loose sleep over.

Hi Dave,
No it hasn't been recapped in any way that I'm aware of. It just seemed a little long by a second or two compared to other amps I have...as I said earlier I may be a little paranoid about it...old amp paranoia:D

As Dave said, old caps can slow them down.
6 seconds is ok.

I've seen some go 10 or so.
Recapping with amp adjusting brings them back to a couple seconds.

FWIW, on my just-recapped CA-1010, it takes about 3 seconds for the relay.

Does it really make a difference?

As long as it is not longer than 15 seconds, indicating a problem.

Based on everyone's replies it seems I don't really have any major issue here. I'll probably have to have the 1010 recapped at some point but I'll rest easy for now.
Thank you all for your point of view; I appreciate it:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom