Technics SA-1000A find

fdejong

Not much info out there about the SA-1000a model vs. the SA-1000.

I found this one the other day. I actually passed on it at first, then drove back and picked it up the next day. The tuner board is out, so this one will need some TLC to get running again.

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 144
Is the "A" just a nomenclature for the black version perhaps?

I think so. I don't see any obvious differences internally from comparing using pictures I found online of the SA-1000.

There's some mention that the 1000A might have been a Euro version. This one does have a multi-voltage selector on the back. Does anyone know if the regular SA-1000 has that?

For us here in Europe that would be the regular SA-1000 :).

Congrats, I think you'll be the first AND the last person on this earth that will walk into one this way :).

"A" indeed is probably the black version, like the SU-8099K is the black version of the SU-8099.

Yes, A = black, it's mentioned here (in German though).

"Farbe: SA-1000 silber, SA-1000A schwarz, beide mit Holzgehäuse"

(Color: SA-1000 silver, SA-1000A black, both with wood case)

For us here in Europe that would be the regular SA-1000 :).

Congrats, I think you'll be the first AND the last person on this earth that will walk into one this way :).

"A" indeed is probably the black version, like the SU-8099K is the black version of the SU-8099.

It's crazy. This came out of a basement that had been searched by at least 3 or 4 people in the vintage audio business. Sure, there was a lot of stuff in there, but amazing that no one else had bothered to bring it home. Lucky for me :)

It's crazy. This came out of a basement that had been searched by at least 3 or 4 people in the vintage audio business. Sure, there was a lot of stuff in there, but amazing that no one else had bothered to bring it home. Lucky for me :)
Maybe they were looking for tube equipment. Anyway, what a great find. This model is supposed to have a great tuner section. Hopefully you can get it back together and it will work and sound great.

Yes, that's really amazing. I guess it must have been waiting for you :).

Keep us informed when you start working on it, would be nice to know that one of them is up and running again.

Looks cool in black with the dark wood...

Man there's been a lot of Technics threads in the past few days :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom