Seeking Nelson Pass recommendations

Apexpro

I could have sworn I saw the man himself posting here, but my searches have been fruitless so I'm appealing to a larger audience.

I have a Threshold 400a Cascode that's served me tirelessly for the last ten years. It's time to refresh the old gal and give her a makeover.

I'm looking for restomod recommendations on what to update and what to leave alone. She's still going strong, nothing wrong, but I can live without her for a bit before she goes back into service.

Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated!!

I could have sworn I saw the man himself posting here, but my searches have been fruitless so I'm appealing to a larger audience.

I have a Threshold 400a Cascode that's served me tirelessly for the last ten years. It's time to refresh the old gal and give her a makeover.

I'm looking for restomod recommendations on what to update and what to leave alone. She's still going strong, nothing wrong, but I can live without her for a bit before she goes back into service.

I dint know about AK, but Pass regularly posts at Diyaudio.com...

Yes he does... but only about his new ideas.
Likely he won't be revisiting his 30+ years ago past to provide support. Others have tried.
He's focused on advancing his art and helping DIY'rs with it.
I'd be inclined to seek out some of his Current designs.. especially so IF pleased with his ancient work

I'm not posting a direct link but

You could gloolgle 'oaktree' ... they restore for higher end models.

I would contact Jon Soderberg at vintage amp repair in CA. He's not cheap but worked at Threshold and now repairs them. He's recapped and updated my Thresholds. Wish I could post his website but google should find it.

Yeah, yeah yuk it up.:D
However IF you had heard/experienced one (any) of his current designs you wouldn't be saying/thinking this.
Yes.. they actually Do sound that good... really.

AKer footfungus is my tech and has restored a good number of amps for me including a pair of S/300's that he also modded a bit. He's well versed in Threshold (among other brands) and flat out knows his sh*t. Maybe you could shoot him a pm....he's a super nice guy and I have no doubt he could get you pointed in the right direction.

- Michael

AKer footfungus is my tech and has restored a good number of amps for me including a pair of S/300's that he also modded a bit. He's well versed in Threshold (among other brands) and flat out knows his sh*t. Maybe you could shoot him a pm....he's a super nice guy and I have no doubt he could get you pointed in the right direction.

- Michael

Thank-you sir!

- Michael

He was kind enough to pass on some good information. Should make this a nice build.

Thanks to you both!
r/
Mac

Back
Top Bottom