Nikko NR-1015?

ultrasparc

Hi

I'm contemplating having a closer look at a Nikko NR-1015, which seller presents with these words:

amplifier for sale sold as faulty as there is no sound in it, but the relay clicks in so it would be ready and it goes from red to green so it should work

It's listed at 100$, and is a 75 minute distance from home.
The reason I'm looking, is that I may have to give up on my beloved Pioneer SX-1080 which I have just finished a total re-cap job total re-cap job on, in the hope that it would come back with it's original sound, however it is just as muffled as before I did the re-cap. I've spent 300$ on parts and 6 months from beginning to finish, so it is not easy for me, if I have to realize it won't be good again.

So, any comments/experience on the Nikko NR-1015 would be appreciated - particularly if it is an easy repaired unit, which is needed in this case.

Perhaps it is just a couple of caps in the power supply?
/Ole

To me, this seems to be kind of a loaded question. The fact that the relay clicks in and the light changes are all good. Maybe something as simple as a dirty tape monitor switch, or maybe not. No easy answer. I wouldn't necessarily be afraid of it but it may be more work that you think, or maybe not. Roll the dice, or not.

I wouldn't give up on the 1080 just yet. I know your angry at it. Let is sit for a while and come back to it later.

To me, this seems to be kind of a loaded question. The fact that the relay clicks in and the light changes are all good. Maybe something as simple as a dirty tape monitor switch, or maybe not. No easy answer. I wouldn't necessarily be afraid of it but it may be more work that you think, or maybe not. Roll the dice, or not.
Yeah, I know, you can't tell until you dig in. My question was also in the line of "is it hard/easy to work on, can the service manual be found (it's not on hifiengine)"

I wouldn't give up on the 1080 just yet. I know your angry at it. Let is sit for a while and come back to it later.

I'm not gonna give up on the 1080 after all the time i've spent with it, just kind'a difficult to find a new path for troubleshooting.

Actually I was thinking something like this could reveal something:

What I imagine is that maybe I can pinpoint the problem a bit by using the sx1080 in a pre-amp function? If I remove the pre-amp bridge and plug a cable in pre-amp-out on the sx1080 and plug the other end in, for example, the AUX on another amplifier, which will be the power amplifier, will it not show if the sx1080 pre-amp or power amp is the problem? (Tone controls set to neutral on (power-)amplifier 2, and tone is adjusted on sx1080)

And vice versa, move the cable from the pre-out to pre-inp on sx1080 and the other end of the cable (source) to for example Tape-rec (out) from amplifier 2? (Tone controls set to neutral on sx1080, and tone adjustment on amplifier 2)?

Actually I'm not even sure if this can be done - I've never worked with preamps.

Back
Top Bottom