Picked up some McIntosh gear at a local tag sale

GD70

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
75.00- 504 pre amp, and a 502 power amp from the original owner. Dusty but in very good condition. I haven't powered them up yet, want to clean out all the dust.
Here's a few pics.

Glenn

Also had this unopened tuner, but she didn't have a price, said it was 1,200 when they bought it.

I bet I've hit 10.000 rummages. Never seen Mac at any of them. Nice score! :thmbsp:

Yeah, I couldn't believe it! I thought there was just some junk in that box. Then she showed me another box with the pieces I bought. She didn't have speakers, gave them all away to family, she had no need for them.

Glenn

Sweet!! I love that slimline series and have wanted those pieces since I was a kid. Hope they power up nicely for you!

They powered up, all the lights are working! :banana:
I'm stoked. These are beautiful little pieces. Still can't believe I grabbed these for the price I paid! I'll give them a preliminary test in the morning.

Congrats! Can't wait till I get my sony ta55es up and running to play with my c504 for the first time. Wish I could get my hands on an mc502!

Congrats! Can't wait till I get my sony ta55es up and running to play with my c504 for the first time. Wish I could get my hands on an mc502!

Thanks! I did a quick fleabay search, and nothing for either of these Macs.
The tuner in the box is a matching piece to the amp & preamp. We'll see what happens, if she sells it or not.

That Sony's a nice looking amp!

Glenn

That qualifies as an absolute score - those are outstanding components. The tuner is exceptional as well. Here's hoping you're able to get it reasonably. Can't talk value in this forum, but let's just say you did A-OK!

wow! those cleaned up beautifully, too!
congrats! I NEVER see stuff like that around here. usually just a bunch of broken bottom end big box store receivers with sellers asking way too much.

I think you paid too much! Great score. Enjoy them and I hope the tuner comes your way as well. You could go crazy and offer her $200 since you got the two more valuable components for almost nothing.

I think you paid too much! Great score. Enjoy them and I hope the tuner comes your way as well. You could go crazy and offer her $200 since you got the two more valuable components for almost nothing.

I hope it works out, would be nice to have the complete set.

She originally wanted 50.00 each, I counter offered and she excepted!

Great score, I agree!

wow! those cleaned up beautifully, too!
congrats! I NEVER see stuff like that around here. usually just a bunch of broken bottom end big box store receivers with sellers asking way too much.

99% of the time, it is just garbage, but every once in a while luck comes your way.

Amazing score - well done!

Very tempting to try to pick up that tuner, yes? Also, if it's slimline like the others, that's one heck of a large, well-packed box McIntosh used!

Amazing score - well done!

Very tempting to try to pick up that tuner, yes? Also, if it's slimline like the others, that's one heck of a large, well-packed box McIntosh used!

I agree. I didn't know anything about the tuner. When I googled it, I was surprise it was part of the set and in such a huge box!

Back
Top Bottom