Help with selecting an amp

Raru

Hello all. I hope this is in the right thread, sorry if its not, seems like it would be. I was wondering if you guys could fill me in a little on what would be a good match for my speakers. Honestly I dont know a lot about audio but i am starting to see the light or.... hear it? But while browsing and looking up info on my receiver (kr-6400) i came across a thread where member Chicks was showing his new receiver along with a kenwood 600. (picture below hope you dont mind chicks its beautiful btw) So now i am in the market for an amp, they will be paired up with my 890c boleros i would really like to stick with kenwood because i really like the design and from what ive read the build quality is great. But i dont want to spend a bunch of money (college student/married) and dont want to get something way beyond my needs. What do you guys think? Budget is $250ish

TL;DR - I have a kr-6400 and a pair of 890c boleros what kenwood amp do you recommend as a good match.

100_4081.JPG

I would say why do you think you "Need" a power amp?

Young, going to school, married and you really don't need it right?

It's like ok "Dad" lol:D

I know we need hobbies to clear our minds also but need and want maybe unnecessarily can slow us down in life as to what is really important.

Please don't hate me:no:

Last edited:
A Kenwood KA-7300 would be a great choice,easily within your budget. Also,perhaps a later Kenwood KA-801.. Not forgetting of course,the KA-8100 or KA-9100 (the latter,if you're lucky enough to find one for $250).

wellll.. Having spent my 'misspent' youth in the 70's .
The commonly accepted wisdom of the time (kids are Very discerning consumers.. then And now )
Was that Kenwood was worthless.
So.. 50 years later .. what's changed?

I would say why do you think you "Need" a power amp?

Young, going to school, married and you really don't need it right?

It's like ok "Dad" lol:D

I know we need hobbies to clear our minds also but need and want maybe unnecessarily can slow us down in life as to what is really important.

Please don't hate me:no:

Haha that's funny you actually do sound like my dad. But that's not really a bad thing he's a pretty smart guy. And your advice is sound. But I would say the reason I feel I need one is that my right channel is not performing correctly on my receiver I've switched wires around so I know it's something to do with the receiver. Rather than pay to have this fixed I thought I would get an amp and forget about it. Plus it looks sweet! I like the way the 6400 looks but I don't want to pay more than what it's worth to have it fixed. Also I don't start school until spring. And as an electrician I have enough scrap copper saved up to afford this. And do we really need anything that we buy ourselves?

Also my father is a member here so... if this is you...... Hmmm

Try searching the forum using the Google tool for you models and see what kind of problems or issues people are having with them.

Also type the models and review and search the web.

Kenwood has a following, there should be some posts.

Good luck

Haha that's funny you actually do sound like my dad. But that's not really a bad thing he's a pretty smart guy. And your advice is sound. But I would say the reason I feel I need one is that my right channel is not performing correctly on my receiver I've switched wires around so I know it's something to do with the receiver. Rather than pay to have this fixed I thought I would get an amp and forget about it. Plus it looks sweet! I like the way the 6400 looks but I don't want to pay more than what it's worth to have it fixed. Also I don't start school until spring. And as an electrician I have enough scrap copper saved up to afford this. And do we really need anything that we buy ourselves?

Also my father is a member here so... if this is you...... Hmmm

I understand trust me that's why the advice post. Did you try Deoxit on the bindig post? It could be just oxidation.

Back
Top Bottom