Epi M60

HWF1

Amazing speakers, I dailed in my sub woofer and simply amazing sound out of these little speakers. Anyone know the specs. ? These are so heavy for such a small speaker.

I'm am so excited about these little speakers, they sound to good. I've got about 5 watts pouring through them. :music: (Stand Back) a peak of 10 watts. :banana:

I am the original owner of a pair of Epicure M50s, same drivers and a slightly different enclosure. They are in my LR, my wife's primary listening system. She won't let those speakers out of the room.

You might want to think about surrounds, and recapping. I also put proper binding posts in, while I had them open. Caps that I used are Dayton polypropylene, bypassed with a .01uf film & foil Dayton, from Parts Express. Got those and the posts, all at the same time.

A lot of speaker in a little box. It's easy to understand why they sold so many.

I just can't see how they could improve. I really am shocked at the sound bear in mind I am using my sub woofer also but the mids and top end, well they just melt around you. My surrounds look great. I'll be looking for more EPI speakers for sure. The best $15 audio dollars I ever spent on speakers.

HWF1 said:
I just can't see how they could improve.

Trust us on this one. :yes:

A fews buck and a small amount of time, and you will believe. The sound quality dramatically improves with a re-cap on older EPIs.

Nice score! I love my 100s. :thmbsp:

Last edited:
Welcome to the EPI fan club.I would bet that they become a permanent addition to your collection,like my 100's have :thmbsp:
Jimmy

Otay I'll bite and give this a try. The tweeters on these are or look pushed in. It looks like thats the way there made.

HWF1 said:
Otay I'll bite and give this a try. The tweeters on these are or look pushed in. It looks like thats the way there made.

They are not pushed in, but concave, thanks to the genious of Mr. Burhoe.

Great tweeters.

luvvinvinyl said:
You might want to think about surrounds, and recapping. I also put proper binding posts in, while I had them open. Caps that I used are Dayton polypropylene, bypassed with a .01uf film & foil Dayton, from Parts Express. Got those and the posts, all at the same time.

A lot of speaker in a little box. It's easy to understand why they sold so many.

Kool beans, Ernie!

That sound like just the ticket for my keeper set of EPI 100s, after I redo the nasty vinyl cabs with some nice Santos Rosewood veneer! :yes: :thmbsp: :banana:

HWF1 said:
Andyman, would you post some pictures and tips for redoing your set.

Sure, but what do you want? The parts replacement or the veneering??
Let me know!
Andy

Score !

I JUST picked up a pair of M-60's at the local GW for a measly 6 bucks for the pair.
The woofer surrounds are toast, but both woofs and tweets are good, passing a quick AA batery test for output. Are these really that good ? Wondedring how they wouild compare to my Dynaco A-10's?

Keep the vintage stuff alive !

Bob S.

FINALLY got the EPI-M60’s refoamed, been way to busy and couldn’t find the time. Anyway, I got the. Up and playing and are BLOWN AWAY ! The sound emanating from those small speakers is just magical. Even sitting too fat from a wall, stuck close together and in the workshop they sing. Then, I put them where my Dynaco A-10’s were, in the exercise room, and the soundstage opened up. They dig deeper than expected, given the 6 1/2 inch woofer, and as everyone knows, the tweeter is special. I didn’t even change the crossover cap as they measured out ok with my ESR meter.

The reform job is NOT pretty. I had trouble with the adhesive drying too quickly making adjustments difficult. But I managed never the less. Worth the effort. One woofer had a bad rub in it, and I was able to use shims to position the cone on that one to find the sweet spot. Next time I refoam, I might try Aileen’s instead of the other stuff to see if it works better. Can’t argue with the sound though.

Bob S

Back
Top Bottom