June 23rd - boston / western MA AK Day @ Markus' Place

markus

Master Procrastinator
markus said:
I'll definitely be hitting the 'Deli Haus' but wanted to throw some ideas out for my 'Summer Meet':

Shooting for a Saturday - how's about June 23rd ? Make it a Summer Solstice Audio Day :D Our town allows for a once a year 'ceremonial' fire, so when the sun goes down we can have a bonfire :D

Everyone'll be welcome to bring gear for listening / swapping / selling. We have a big sunroom - about 12 X 22 where as one system is being listened too, another could be set up on the opposite wall :thmbsp: I figure we can have a different setup every 30 minutes or so to keep it interesting :music:

Feel free to bring any BIG GUNS (VOTT, EV's, etc) - the garage is also a listenign area :yes: :yes:

Food & Beverages: I have one large and one small charcoal grille, so we can keep the coals going and have a day of grillin' and : :beerchug: I'll grab lots of food and drink, but feel free to bring stuff to eat & drink for all :yes:

I'll start a fresh thread and iron out logistics as we get into May :yippy:

Hey guys,

thought I'd get a fresh thread going for this get-together :D

keep in mind I'm about 20 minutes due north of the Route 90 / Route 84 Interchange in Massachusetts, so if you're in CT, Eastern NY, VT, NH, ME, etc, and you've wanted to meet some AK guys near you, you could probably drop by :yes:

So far, here's who's coming:

Soundweasel
Birddog
Delihaus - someone give this fine man a ride !
2325fan - him too !

(loosely) Scheduled Events:

Allison Shootoff

more TBA as we get closer :thmbsp:

keep in mind I'm about 20 minutes due north of the Route 90 / Route 84 Interchange in Massachusetts
Too bad you can only go south at that interchange :p

As the Mainiacs say, "You can't get theah from heah". A common New England problem.

If I have to steal a car, I'll be there! Let us know what we can bring for food, drinks, supplies, etc... WOO HOO! Damn, I love this place!

Are you going to be doing a freebie/swap/for sale table? Door prizes? Raffles? Longest distance traveled prize? All kinds of ways we could spice this up! Oh, and a word of advice... a pinata full of NOS tubes is not a good idea... Say no more!

mhardy6647 said:
Too bad you can only go south at that interchange :p

As the Mainiacs say, "You can't get theah from heah". A common New England problem.

*actually* you end up immediately heading west on 20 for a bit towards brimfield and shoot north on 148 . . .blah blah blah - directions'll come later. :D Suffice to say it takes me about 2 hours to get to the NH beaches :yes:

a couple more teasers:

Duration: I figure it'll be an all day thing - come early, or stay late; stay all day, or drop by for a couple hours. I probably wont kick people out till I go to sleep :D

I'm perfecting my ribs & wings recipes, and the FRYALATOR will be in full effect . . aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnddd there will be homemade ice cream.

I think bonfire at 8:00 :rockon: I may require everyone to bring an carcass for the fire ( MWAAAAAA HA HA ) FIRE GOD MUST BE APPEASED :gigglemad

People we may see in West Brookfield's Police Log the day after:

birddog
botrytis
2325fan

I KEED I KEED

triumph01.jpg

birddog said:
Are you going to be doing a freebie/swap/for sale table? Door prizes? Raffles? Longest distance traveled prize?

good ideas - I think I have a good idea for the prizes :thmbsp:

I'd say a big fat yes to a free / swap table, and if anyone wants to bring stuff to sell, all the better.

more details later :thmbsp:

Deli, PLEASE leave the ass-less chaps at home, will ya? :nono:

Attachments

• chaps5.gif
    chaps5.gif
    73.4 KB · Views: 22
this is my thought

markus said:
those were gonna be my words EXACTLY :lmao:

deli you can wear em but, once we are in jail we can all sing ymca , so put your butt to the bars an drop em. that way we cant see and they can!!!

ive got plenty of empty speaker cabinets to give to the gods!!! chant with me,

speaker gods send them to us, let them flurish with us we will please you gods with beautiful sounds of rock and roll!!

repeat 5 times

I've never dated men, just not my personal preferences- your mileage may vary- that's okay.

I strongly prefer the ladies...

That said and out of the way, I honestly do have a suede pair of assless chaps in my closet... replete with suede fringe and western metal clasps.

Not worn out to the clubs, mind you, but for "Ladies Night" at Casa De Deli's private Western roundup....

Giddyup!!!

YeHaaaaa!!!

Oh- a note- the ladies don't like the spurs. Taking them off before mounting the saddle is strongly suggested and advised.

I've retired them since the wheelchair/accident, but if anyone thinks they can fit in them, i'm glad to turn 'em over to you...

But I'm keeping the hat, the lasso, and the odd-shaped vibrating translucent pistol...

there's an image I didn't need:

SECOND-HAND ASS-LESS CHAPS :yuck:

sounds like it could be a Country Song . . .

or maybe a new-wave-retro-grunge-emo band :guitar:

hmm... I am hoping this thread has drifted a bit off topic. If not... umm... I think I might be busy on the 23rd.

yes . . . a tad off-topic : )

once and for all:

NO CHAPS :D

latest list of attendees :

Jovinyl
mhardy6647 (assuming no chaps)
birddog
botrytis
2325fan
delihaus (may be chap-depedant)

Logistics:

Start Time: 12:00 ish
End TIme: when I kick ya out :D (9:00 - 10:00 ish)

we'll have prizes, great food & drink, oh yeah, and MUSIC. bring your gear to listen & trade, buy or sell.

Events:

Door prize
LongHaul Prize
Allison Shootout
Henry Kloss Hour
Bonfire @ 8:00 (waiting to see how big we can make it :naughty: )

more to be added later !

we'll have two or three 'systems' available, so while one is playing, another can be setup so our music and gear swapping should be pretty seamless. Looking forward to seeing and hearing your stuff :thmbsp: Soundweasel is bringing his Allisons for us to drool over, what's everyone else gonna bring (although I do like surprises . . . ) ? Here's what I'll be bringing to the table for your listening pleasure :

recapped Large Advents
KLH Model Sixes
KLH open baffle line arrays
Emud / Isophon Open Baffle speakers
DCM Timeframes TF500's

Marantz 1152DC
Marantz 2226B
Magnavox 88 series 6V6 tube amp
Magnavox 93 series 6BQ5 tube amp
Magnavox 150 series Bi-amp monoblocks (recap in-process)

I'm going to try and complete a set of crude J E Labs Open Baffles which we'll be able to swap in standard sized drivers (8, 10, 12, 15 inch) so if you guys have any old drivers (or new for that matter) that you've wanted to hear OB, bring 'em along :yes: I have a pair of Motorola Golden Voice 8 inchers that I want to try, and the big Magnavox 15's . . . .

Only 5 confirmed attendees so far? Pitiful!

Let's see if we can fill his street with cars and trucks, have the cops called on us, more than once (Because, after all, the first visit is only really a warning, and doesnt count!) overtax his septic system with recycled beer, and make his neigbors call their real estate agents first thing on Monday morning!

But seriously, Markus is making a significant effort to put this event on, let's get together and make a good showing as a reward for his hard work! Having attended both of last years gatherings at Deli's, I can vouch that it will be a blast, but only if YOU show up!

Back
Top Bottom