PNW Gathering 2010

tarior

Dirty pool, old man?
Subscriber
After many requests, I've decided to host another gathering of PNW AK'ers and friends.
The basic format is show 'n' tell and alternating 15 minute listening sessions. We usually start by the door and go clockwise through the room.
Also, if you have something audio related to sell, bring it. There will be tables for you to display what you've got.
You don't have to bring anything other than yourself, just come and check out some very cool stuff. In the past, systems have ranged from ratty antiques to fully modern high end. Just about anything is welcome and audio snobbery is kept to a minimum.
I have tentatively scheduled the hall for Saturday, April 10. I will be there getting everything set up at around 7:00 AM, and I would like to be out of there by 5:00 PM. Soft drinks and bottled water will be provided.
There is a semi-voluntary $5 cover charge that goes to pay for the hall rental and soft drinks. Any money in excess of actual costs gets donated to AK.
This event will be held at the Kelso First Presbyterian Church, 215 Academy St. Kelso, WA 98626.
The meeting hall is at the rear of the building, and there is a nice covered entrance where equipment can be unloaded and loaded up again without getting wet. We do ask that you take your car out of the loading area after unloading.
Keep checking back here for any updates/changes.

Great!
I can probably make it down there and I'll bring my Speakerlab Super Sevens and any other speaker that I might have done by then... I'm thinking about YOU minimus seven line array!

I will try to make it this year as the house should be completely finished by then. I will probably just focus on some vintage pieces and leave the current stuff at home. Below I have listed some of the more obscure oddball pieces I can bring. Anything you folks see that you would like me to bring?

Full Series

DBX - BX1 Amplifier • CX1 Preamplifier • TX1 Tuner
Clarion (UFO Series) - MA-7800 Integrated • MT-7800 Tuner • MD-7800 Cassette
Hitachi - HMA-8500MkII Amplifier • HCA-8500MkII Preamplifier • FT-440 Tuner
JVC/Nivico - MST-1000E (5012) Amplifier • PST-1000E (5011) Preamplifier
JVC - JA-S71 Integrated • JT-V71 Tuner
Kyocera - A-910 & A-710 Integrated • DA-910 CD Player • T-910 Tuner
Nakamichi - System-One (600 Cassette • 610 Preamplifier • 620 Amplifier • 630 Tuner)
Pioneer - QM-800 Amplifier • QC-800 Preamplifier • TX-1000 Tuner
Setton - BS-5500 Amplifier • PS-5500 Preamplifier • TUS-600 Tuner

Receivers

Hitachi - SR-2004
Nakamichi - 730 • 530
Pioneer - SX-1980
Rotel - RX-1603 • RX-1203
Sansui - G-33000 • G-22000
Setton - RS-660 • RS-220

Integrated Amplifiers

JVC - VN-900 • VN-700
Rotel - RA-1412
Teac - BX-500

Cassette Decks

Nakamichi - CR-7A

CD Players

Nakamichi - 1000mb • DRAGON CD/DAC Limited

DAT Player

Nakamichi - 1000

Tuners

Technics - ST-9600

Regards,
TB

Sounds like fun... too bad it's right in front of the big tax filing deadline. April 15th commands my full attention every year!

Perhaps the date could be pushed 7 days later?

Thank you! But let's stick to the date that works for the most people. Unless a bunch of others are going to be slaving over a hot tax return on the 10th, no reason to move things around.

Sounds like fun... too bad it's right in front of the big tax filing deadline. April 15th commands my full attention every year!

Well, that date is still three months out. If there is a day that works better for you, I can probably still make a change.

TB, I'd love to see your DBX stack, as I'll be bringing my 3's (CX-3Mk II/TX-3/BX-3) and your top G33k :drool::drool::drool:. At least I'll be able to say I touched one once.:D Rex, let me know if you want to try arranging a carpool (you could get rid of that cargo you are babysitting).

Sounds like fun, and less than a month before the AK Fest. :scratch2: ...wondering if there is any way I can arrange/afford to take a whole month, fly off to the States and/pr remain productive enough for the weeks in-between... :scratch2: ...

Count me in as always. I'll be there not sure what I'll bring but I'm bound to bring something.

I missed last year.....NOT A CHANCE I'LL MISS THIS YEAR!

Hey Boss....if you are bringing the 1980 or either of the big Sui's please let me know ahead of time so I can pack an extra pair of unmentionables :D

Any carpoolers out there.....

Sounds like fun, and less than a month before the AK Fest. :scratch2: ...wondering if there is any way I can arrange/afford to take a whole month, fly off to the States and/pr remain productive enough for the weeks in-between... :scratch2: ...

Love to see ya there Arkay...

Well, that date is still three months out. If there is a day that works better for you, I can probably still make a change.

Again, many thanks for the thoughtfulness, but I'm just one cog in the wheel. Let's see if anyone else has similar problems, or if there's some other reason to move the date.

I missed last year.....NOT A CHANCE I'LL MISS THIS YEAR!

Hey Boss....if you are bringing the 1980 or either of the big Sui's please let me know ahead of time so I can pack an extra pair of unmentionables :D

Any carpoolers out there.....

Depending on What Kosteri decides and HOW MUCH CRAP HE HAULS UP IN MY TRUCK THIS YEAR. If you can fit my Dakotas back seat (my son who's 6ft can for an hour+ at a time) I'd be glad to give you a ride. If the guy who normally rides up with me don't go you can ride shotgun.

I tend to be up there the whole day so that would have to factor in.

Ok guys, hardy har har. Yeah, ok, some of it is crap, but the sign will be there. Last year, my friend Skip said he should've borrowed his friend's 18 ft. tandem axle. You may not have to. Then again, if Steve wants to bring 5 pairs of stadium speakers again...

Ok guys, hardy har har. Yeah, ok, some of it is crap, but the sign will be there. Last year, my friend Skip said he should've borrowed his friend's 18 ft. tandem axle. You may not have to. Then again, if Steve wants to bring 5 pairs of stadium speakers again...

OH I was just poking some fun..

Back
Top Bottom