Show Us Your Daily Driver!

Big Tuna

Too Much Power!
I'll start with mine, a lowly 2004 Honda Civic SiR, Taffy White, Alcantara Racing style seats, Altezza style Headlights and tail lights, close ratio 5-speed trans, w/dash mounted shifter, inspired by the Rallye Racers. Mine has been re-tuned, flashed, and hopped up a little bit to 195Hp. The little 2.0 i-Vtec can sure sing. Odometer is currently shows 40K Km's.

Picture341.jpg

Picture345.jpg

Picture347.jpg

77 Chevy Camper Special. 553,000 miles on the clock. It's on it's third motor but the original trans (4 speed) and 4:10 geared rear have never been apart. It only gets 13-15 MPG's but it's dead, solid reliable. Gotta get the mini van running again (fuel pump) so I have something that gets 30+MPG's.

The Green Monster.
after-driverside.jpg

Very Nice, Rambler! I like those Miatas. At the Store we have a battery with a part # "Miata", just for those because no other battery # will fit it. The Cars movie's Lightning McQueen, funny how his front end resembles the Miata, isn't it? lol!

I rotate between a 94 Acura Integra RS

Integra-1.jpg

and a 93 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL

3000GT-1-1.jpg

Lately though the Integra is getting the most use. It gets better gas mileage than the 3000GT and doesn't require 93 octane guel.

I really wish the last GF had left the 90 Mazda Miata behind when she moved out. It was a blast to drive

DSCN0188.jpg
Very Nice, Jeff! Is the Mitsu the TT version? The Acura is sweet, too. My brother had one when I was in HS, it was that pretty metallic aqua/turqoise.

77 Chevy Camper Special. 553,000 miles on the clock. It's on it's third motor but the original trans (4 speed) and 4:10 geared rear have never been apart. It only gets 13-15 MPG's but it's dead, solid reliable. Gotta get the mini van running again (fuel pump) so I have something that gets 30+MPG's.

The Green Monster.
after-driverside.jpg
Sweet! You can't go wrong with a P/U when it comes to hauling stuff. I had a Scout that had 475,000 miles on it way back in 1995, and it was the original 345 V8 w/ Carter TQ, TF727 & D44 axles w/ 3.31 ratios. It didn't use or leak any oil, no noises and drove perfect. The Green Monster reminds me of my old daily driver, a 1978 Dodge Power Wagon Big Block. Not the best MPG's, but man that thing had raw power. I sold it last year, and now I regret it. Although the gent who bought it in SD, knows I want it back if he ever sells it. :D

Here's my little grocery getter.....2007 Mazda 3 GT. No plans replacing it as it's been a wonderful car.

002wzh.jpg

004gde.jpg

Every now and then I pull out the old beast...

recentpictureszo4.jpg

That would be a Contour SVT. 2.5 Duratec with 5 speed. Extrude honed intake manifold. Lots of power up top, but my early 95 SE would take them around town due to a lot more torque low down.
One of the nicest cars Ford ever made.

Here's my little grocery getter.....2007 Mazda 3 GT. No plans replacing it as it's been a wonderful car.

002wzh.jpg

004gde.jpg

Every now and then I pull out the old beast...

recentpictureszo4.jpg
Sweet, Max! I like those older Camaros. My dad and brothers had a few when I was younger, going back to 1973. Last one my dad had was a 95 Convertible. Fun car to drive. The LT1 ran great. Those Mazda 3's are versatile. If I retire my SiR, I might get one. :yes:

Just got through washing. I still have to do the tires, wax, put on Back to black and clean the engine.

Attachments

• IMG_1090.jpg
    IMG_1090.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1092.jpg
    IMG_1092.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1094.jpg
    IMG_1094.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 71
No recent photos, since my daily driver is way too dirty at this time and it's sort of an ongoing project.

Anyway, I drive a 1995 le mans blue Saab 9000 CDE 2.3 turbo with automatic gearbox. It has a Garrett GT28RS "disco potato" turbo installed along with 3" turbo back exhaust, sport cat. Saab Aero leather seats in front, electric with 3 memory positions on drivers side. Aero doorcards and backseat waiting in storage. Some wood trim installed, some waiting for installation. 16" Super Aero alloys. On the photo it still has 15" directional alloys.

Oh, it's also been converted to run on E85.

I love Saabs.

image.php.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, those GTI's are sweet. Very bold styling. VW must be selling those like crazy 'cause I see them all over the place here in DFW.

Really.....here in Abilene I rarely see any. Maybe one or two every couple of months.

This is it. 2003 Chevrolet S-10 2WD 4.3L V6 with extended cab. Approximately 90,000 miles on it now.

mystique.jpg

Since the time that picture was taken, it's gained a truck topper and Bedrug.

I don't think I've got a really current picture anywhere, but this is a little closer to reality if you don't count the rust that is taking hold and my brother's taking a Buick down the driver's side of it. :tears: :gigglemad

attachment.php

It's my plan to get all that fixed at some point, including the missing driver's side door card, which I ripped off because I got pissed at tired of it pulling loose and falling off. (This was the fallout from a warranty battle, with a rattle that couldn't be found or fixed until I resorted to driving around with a tape recorder. By the time it had been fixed, the door card was basically ruined. I should have made them replace it with a new one back then.)

The driver's side door needs to have its hinges replaced, as a big wind took the door out of my hand and sprung it/weakened the hinge welds (which were poorly done anyway). So I have lots of wind noise. What was GM thinking, welding those hinges?

Oh, and it plays cassettes too!

radio-far.jpg

Attachments

• truckling-small.JPG
    truckling-small.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom