help , i want to go to the next level with my clsiiz

Fattner

hi everyone i was told to post here , my system is all jolida tube stuff , jd 3000b mono blks 200wtt/ch music envoy tube pre amp ,jd 100 cd tube player and marantz t15 and marin logan clsiiz full range stat( you can see my set up on my fatters audio room thread ) im interested in taking my system to next level and my martin logans clsiiz love power so i have the itch to buy more power either mac ss / tiube , i do want the wow factor !! i have hear that mac and clsiiz love each other , anyone out there have mac stuff with clsiiz plz chime in!!!

my system is all jolida tube stuff , jd 3000b mono blks 200wtt/ch music envoy tube pre amp ,jd 100 cd tube player and marantz t15

My chime. Sell all that stuff first. Sell it all. Go out and listen to any early Mc amp, and then go out and listen to any new Mc amp. You'll figure it out, and when you do just make sure you have the dough in your pocket from selling all the aforementioned stuff, 'cause once you get the bug, there's no cure.

My chime. Sell all that stuff first. Sell it all. Go out and listen to any early Mc amp, and then go out and listen to any new Mc amp. You'll figure it out, and when you do just make sure you have the dough in your pocket from selling all the aforementioned stuff, 'cause once you get the bug, there's no cure.

Love my clsiiz too love love there sound

Love my clsiiz too love love there sound

I think 2301s are a little to rich for my pocket book , but a mc ss amps are known for that tube sound plus my preamp is tubed , so I'm opened to suggestions ,except to sell my speakers ( love them full range stat !! Thx for all you input ,ck out my system on fattner audio room thread )

I think MA5100 or a MA6100, both are integrated amps, either one should be a good fit. Both are solid state and have the tube sound. I personally have the MA5100 I found on fleabay in near mint condition and I had Audio Classics to service/restore. I wanted to make sure everything was in good shape to enjoy. Both pair of my speakers are 90dB, and both fill the room very nice. The 5100 is rated at 45wpc, where the 6100 is rated at 70wpc. The 5100 is enough for my needs.

It is a keeper and will be with me as long as I live. :music:

Last edited:
We have a few MC452 and MC601 owners here and they rave and rave about them. Like any other brand, there are many eras of excellent offerings to choose from. Here are some other SS amps you should consider:

MC302 (current model)
MC501s (replaced by current MC601s)
MC500 (older and revered by many)

Here are some other Tube amps you should consider:

MC275 (still in production and can be used in mono at 180 W each)
MC60 (IMHO, this is the vintage Mc tube amp to have - I've owned three pair - and pairs can be had reasonably)

Others may weigh in on the MC2102 and MC2000 - I've only ever seen 'me ...

Oh and if you just want to get your feet wet with McIntosh amps, try an MC2205, MC2255, or MC7270. All can be had for $1200-$2500 on the used market and each are regarded highly.

We have a few MC452 and MC601 owners here and they rave and rave about them. Like any other brand, there are many eras of excellent offerings to choose from. Here are some other SS amps you should consider:

MC302 (current model)
MC501s (replaced by current MC601s)
MC500 (older and revered by many)

Here are some other Tube amps you should consider:

MC275 (still in production and can be used in mono at 180 W each)
MC60 (IMHO, this is the vintage Mc tube amp to have - I've owned three pair - and pairs can be had reasonably)

Others may weigh in on the MC2102 and MC2000 - I've only ever seen 'me ...

Hey you forgot the MC402::thmbsp:

I think they need to move to SS for their power amp, tubes just are not going them get them there without mega bucks.

hi everyone i was told to post here , my system is all jolida tube stuff , jd 3000b mono blks 200wtt/ch music envoy tube pre amp ,jd 100 cd tube player and marantz t15 and marin logan clsiiz full range stat( you can see my set up on my fatters audio room thread ) im interested in taking my system to next level and my martin logans clsiiz love power so i have the itch to buy more power either mac ss / tiube , i do want the wow factor !! i have hear that mac and clsiiz love each other , anyone out there have mac stuff with clsiiz plz chime in!!!

Where are you located in CA? Im on the SF peninsula.

I think the MC402 would fit your system and bring the power to the logans. I personaly feel all speaker need more power than their raiting or at least get them to the top of it. The logans are 400w the 402 is 400wpc plus if your close you can audition a 402, 502s, 2x MC275. By the way the 402 is available as the 502s took it's place.

I think MA5100 or a MA6100, both are integrated amps, either one should be a good fit. Both are solid state and have the tube sound. I personally have the MA5100 I found on fleabay in near mint condition and I had Audio Classics to service/restore. I wanted to make sure everything was in good shape to enjoy. Both pair of my speakers are 90dB, and both fill the room very nice. The 5100 is rated at 45wpc, where the 6100 is rated at 70wpc. The 5100 is enough for my needs.

It is a keeper and will be with me as long as I live. :music:
What speakers do you run off of that MA5100?

Eletrostatics usually have a very small sound stage. It can be like listening to a miniature orchestra/band where the musicians are about 18" to 2 ft. tall.

What speakers do you run off of that MA5100?

I have a MA5100, and it is one of the only celebrity-owned Mc amps I have. It was owned by Tommy Smothers of the Smothers Brothers. The best speaker to hook this up to is a JBL 4310/11/12 or L100T (early version).

Your speakers are 4 ohm and are rated at 86 db with with 2.83 volts or 2 watts. making them actually 83 db sensitivity in comparison to 8 ohm speakers. And as I remember their impedance dips down pretty low like 1 ohm. So if you want to do this and save money you need a 7200. It puts out close to 400 watts on 4 ohm and 600+ on 2 ohm and will drive 1 ohm. It was a great SS amp at the time. For todays amps the 452 would be the answer and you'll have to decide if the 2 ohm or 4 ohm tap sounds best. Another amp to consider if you are on a budget is the MC 602, or a pair of 501's. That being said your speakers are only rated at 200 watts. The manufacturer does't state if thats max power or long term. If it long term then you can probably get buy with up to 800 peak watts, and as a 452 reaches 700 watts you should be fine. But don't let the power Guard lights flash if you can help it. Same goes for the 602 that can put put over 900 watts peak. you really need to audition the new MC301 amps, too. I bet they will surprise you. Then look around for a previously owned tube C-500, thats a great pre-amp. CAll Steve at Audio Classics, he loves to wheel and deal.

Your speakers are 4 ohm and are rated at 86 db with with 2.83 volts or 2 watts. making them actually 83 db sensitivity in comparison to 8 ohm speakers. And as I remember their impedance dips down pretty low like 1 ohm. So if you want to do this and save money you need a 7200. It puts out close to 400 watts on 4 ohm and 600+ on 2 ohm and will drive 1 ohm. It was a great SS amp at the time. For todays amps the 452 would be the answer and you'll have to decide if the 2 ohm or 4 ohm tap sounds best. Another amp to consider if you are on a budget is the MC 602, or a pair of 501's. That being said your speakers are only rated at 200 watts. The manufacturer does't state if thats max power or long term. If it long term then you can probably get buy with up to 800 peak watts, and as a 452 reaches 700 watts you should be fine. But don't let the power Guard lights flash if you can help it. Same goes for the 602 that can put put over 900 watts peak. you really need to audition the new MC301 amps, too. I bet they will surprise you. Then look around for a previously owned tube C-500, thats a great pre-amp. CAll Steve at Audio Classics, he loves to wheel and deal.

thankyou for input ,I do believe that my clsiiz max power handle is 400wtt, Iwill ck this out ,my electronics now are jolida mono blocks jd3000a (200wtt/ch ) do you think that I really will hear difference ? thx again

I'm looking at a mint mc7270 what do you guys think of that amp with my clsiiz??? Thx again for your input highly appreciate it !!

Back
Top Bottom