SMAC November 2014

jmathers

The November SMAC meeting will be held at Dave Malik's place on Saturday, November 15th from 1pm-5pm (note ending time).

Please see details and map in my email.

Hope to see you there.:banana::banana::banana:

I will be there. I'm currently thinking about buying a XSP-1 and Dave's setup is close enough to mine(B&W DM3000, USP-1, Crown) that this will be as close to audition as I could get without buying a XSP-1 to see.

I will be there. I'm currently thinking about buying a XSP-1 and Dave's setup is close enough to mine(B&W DM3000, USP-1, Crown) that this will be as close to audition as I could get without buying a XSP-1 to see.

Emotiva has a 30-day Money Back Guarantee, so you could actually audition at home by renting one for 30 days.

Rent being the shipping charges.

Oh I know, I have bought a few mini-x's and a USP-1 from emo in the past, but I'm looking for a used unit, I just can't justify a near $1000 pre when the Gen 1 XSP-1's are selling for $500-600 now.

I'm going to be missing this one as I'm still sorting out my daughter's car from a hit and run fender bender two weeks ago. Today's menu: radiator replacement on her's and thermostat housing on mine topped off with raking the last of the leaves. I know how to party :D

You guys have fun and we'll see you in December :thmbsp:

Similar day on Erin's mini-van. Alternator replacement.. general maintenance for the winter and the upcoming Thanksgiving trip.. After that, gutter cleaning, and the last bit of yard cleaning for the season. Truly would have rather spent the afternoon with friends listening to music and such..

Well, I was impressed. Once we put away the garage band music and put on some finely recorded tunes, the system really came alive. Too bad someone got their shoes stolen. Boy, since the recession, Bloomfield Hills has been on the skids. I guess you have to make those Benz payments somehow. Dave, Thanx for hosting, had a great time. Your system's awesome. Love from the D.....

Last edited:
Sounds like I missed a good meet, shoe confusion notwithstanding. :D

We'll see you guys hopefully next month!

Was definitely an impressive setup. A huge variety of tunes were spun - garage bands, jazz, fusion, rock, pop, audiophile classics. And as usual some good conversation, a couple of laughs, and interesting discussion. Thanks so much Dave for hosting. I hope Robert got his shoes back.

No word yet. Holmes is still eliminating the obvious stuff. :)

Update: They have been found and should be reuniting with their owner soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom