Bennett & GaGa Cheek To Cheek

ponderwilu

Bond ... James Bond.
I just received my vinyl copy of Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga's new release Cheek To Cheek.
http://www.amazon.com/Cheek-Tony-Be...qid=1413318133&sr=8-4&keywords=Cheek+to+Cheek
http://www.cheek2cheek.com/
It's packed full of old "standards" the way us geezer's remember them.
Nice dual fold album and sleeve. Nothing to complain about. Gaga delivers every note in spades to Tony's great old school approach. The last man standing from a great lineage of "once-in-a-lifetime" crooner's. Worth every penny IMHO.

Last edited:
I bought this (CD) today and really love it. It's such a great sounding CD and they both sound great and are having a good time. Gained some respect for Lady Gaga with this. She really delivers on this.

It's definitely a Tony Bennett record. Gaga gets props for performing her side of the duets and keeping it a Tony Bennett record.

I listened to about half of this album today. I didn't care for it. I thought it sounded forced. Seems like a cash grab to me.

cubdog

I listened to about half of this album today. I didn't care for it. I thought it sounded forced. Seems like a cash grab to me.

cubdog

Well…seems like they grabbed both of our cash…. happy having spent mine….. sorry for your loss.

Well…seems like they grabbed both of our cash…. happy having spent mine….. sorry for your loss.

I didn't lose anything but thanks anyway. :thmbsp:

I have no problem with the album per se. But like I said, to me, it felt forced. We can't like everything.

cubdog

Last edited:
There was a television special with these two not too long ago... very impressive. They're both tentatively scheduled to play the Syracuse Jazz Fest this summer.

Yes it was a good show. The interplay was fun to watch. I recorded it on the DVR and plan on watching it again.

It's a joy to hear Tony continuing to sing. And even as his voice ages, he always has his phrasing.

I agree. The new Leonard Cohen album is similar; he has even less of his voice left, but I love the amount of skill and experience he puts into using the voice he has left.

On the collaboration side of things, Scott Walker's new album with the ambient metal band SUNN O))) is stunning. Then again, I was probably one of the few people that were fans of both Walker's recent work and SUNN O))) too. Even if you don't care for what they are up to, Walker pushing the boundaries at age 71 is inspiring.

I've been both intrigued and scared by this album. I may give it a try, thanks to you guys,

Bummer. Been spoiled by DSD files. Hard to go back once you've heard those.

But a well done 24/96 is a treat too!
DSD is good when it is a direct transfer from analog master. This one was likely recorded and mastered in PCM to begin with.

They are touring together this summer. This will be the cash grab. I'm hopefully going to be working the two Ravinia shows on June 26-27, 2015.

Back
Top Bottom