External USB CD Player?

SWL3600

When I bought my laptop a year ago I didn't get it with a cd player since I pretty much stream all my music and use JRiver to play HI-Rez files from HD Tracks. When I want to listen to cd's I just use my cd player....

However, there are a handful of cd's that I can't get from Rdio, Spotify or HD Tracks so I'd like to sync them on to my computer so I can make playlists through JRiver or WMP. Would I be able to do this with one of those USB CD players?

Also, I have a Behinger UCA 202.....would that be helpful somehow?

Thanks guys,
-Scott

Well, I bought one of these from the Best Buy nearby.....it's an LG...cost $29.99. It worked good, when it worked....which wasn't very long.

It took forever to install and I can't say that it went very smooth either. Once it was installed (it took a couple of tries) it worked very well. I got about a half dozen cd's ripped to my laptop in WAV format.....disconnected the unit cause I had other things to do....came back a while later and couldn't get it to work at all.

I uninstalled it from the computer and tried to reinstall it several times with no luck. It fails in the install process every time. Gonna take it back for an exchange tomorrow.

Any ideas in the meantime? I have to say....when it worked, it worked well.

Did you connect 2 USB cables - 1 for power 1 for music? Might not get enough power unless you do that.

Took it back today and exchanged it for another one...same model. It's working flawlessly....I've ripped about a dozen discs now and got about a dozen or so to go. :thmbsp:

Also, with this new unit....there's nothing to install. You just plug it in and away you go. Very simple. I don't know why the previous unit made it mandatory to use an install disc but at this point I don't really care. This unit is working perfect.

Took it back today and exchanged it for another one...same model. It's working flawlessly....I've ripped about a dozen discs now and got about a dozen or so to go. :thmbsp:

Also, with this new unit....there's nothing to install. You just plug it in and away you go. Very simple. I don't know why the previous unit made it mandatory to use an install disc but at this point I don't really care. This unit is working perfect.

Good to hear!

Back
Top Bottom