Spring Mid-Atlantic AK Gathering

Jay, keep in touch on the Kenwood.

Will do Tom. I'm not sure when I'll get around to looking at it; as I've got at least one other project that has priority (and thanks to Larry I know where the issue is now); but I will crack 'er open and poke around. Sounds like a good reason to either fix my signal tracer completely; or modify it to work as an audio tracer and focus on fixing it's RF stuff at a later date.

I just tend to have no memory for names. I tell people this, so they hopefully don't get too offended when I forget.

Anyway, I'm the overweight guy in the tie-dye shirt visible in at least one of those pics.

Thanks for hosting ehoove. It was a great time.

Really nice to put a face and person to some of the names and posts.

Thanks too for letting me (finally) get to hear the ZYX on such a nice system.

Steve, after a bit of research I plan on mounting it on the heavy Jelco 750D arm that is closer to your SME309 and will post on the results. An amazing cartridge on the Unitrac1, that should even amaze further on the heavy Jelco 750D. Stay tuned!

Regards,
Jim

Just wanted to post a thanks to JamesWei for the 78's. I'm listening to some Benny Goodman Sextet on my old Garrard currently. Nice condition, and this is just the kind of thing I'm after.

Also, that polka record with the Novachord that some folks heard me talk about is pretty cool. Its weird, but the Novachord is such an amazing sounding instrument. Besides, whats not to love about polka performed on a Hammond organ and a fully electronic synthesizer. It sounds like something years newer than it really is.

I know it's kinda late, and I was very late in arriving on Sunday too, but thanks for hosting and it was great to finally put some faces to the names I see in here.

It was a bit of a long drive across the bay bridge Sunday night.

Wayne

Thanks to Jay for posting the pics- looks like it was another great get together! I'm sorry I missed it this time but I will be sure to attend the next one!( I sold the bike but didn't get home till around 5PM.)

Steve, after a bit of research I plan on mounting it on the heavy Jelco 750D arm that is closer to your SME309 and will post on the results. An amazing cartridge on the Unitrac1, that should even amaze further on the heavy Jelco 750D. Stay tuned!

Regards,
Jim

That would be great Jim. I read a review where the reviewer experimented with arms of different masses and was most impressed with one that weighed 15 grams.

I plan on adding 5 grams to the 309 arm to bring it from 9.7.

Let me know what you find out.

Steve

Rather than try and put comments on the photos I am the guy with hair that is white in back and pink in front. If I make it in the fall and stay as late someone remind me to call my bride, we were later than usual and she was quite worried.

Jim I got an e-mail from Sister Charlotte today, she really appreciated the cleaned up CD. Since they were the ones who trained her voice I figured they should have a copy.

Last edited:
I looked at those pics and said; Damn..... I never did get a piece of that chocolate cake! Then I looked some more and concluded I really did NOT NEED any chocolate cake!

I looked at those pics and said; Damn..... I never did get a piece of that chocolate cake! Then I looked some more and concluded I really did NOT NEED any chocolate cake!

Tom
The trick to it is knowing in advance that the cake (and Jim's crab dip)is going to be there. I skip a meal or two before these get togethers. It does not help shed the pounds only the guilt...... :D

Doug,

After seeing myself in those pics, I need to skip a month or two of meals. Unlike yourself, who has somehow managed NOT to keep close to the proper chart levels, I seem to have lost it some where in the past year or so. I know I'm about 10 to 15 pound over where I was a couple years ago....but I don't feel like I did anything to gain the weight. But, I do know it's unhealthy......so I'm making it a point to lose some of it....starting now. Hopefully by the time Rick's rolls around, if Jay is still skulking about with his camera, I'll be ready......or at least the 'B4' and After pics will show a slight improvement! I'd love to try a 'small' piece of that cake. NOTHING will stop me from eating some of Jim's crab dip! WC

Well I have dropped myself from 185 to 170 even got to 165 but somehow those 5 pounds snuck back. Chochlate cake and Tiramisu does not help.

My son grew up with a weight problem....ultimately resulting in barriatric surgery in his early 20s. However, in his youth, his pediatric MD used to say there are 4 words that are the key to weight loss: Move More, Eat Less!! I think I've been applying the formula backwards. WC

Thanks for the pics Dewdude. It's my first year on AK and I wish I made more of an effort to get to this. I feel like I missed out on a good time.

Some very nice equipment shown and a beautiful home.

At least, I wouldn't have been the only grey haired or long hair guy there

Definitely worth coming. I felt a little bit awkward only because my wife decided she wanted to come last minute, along with our 18-month-old daughter....cute for about 30 minutes, but the whole time I just feel like I have to appease/entertain my wife. I had to leave in a hurry for the same reason. Next time I will be solo for sure.

Jim, gorgeous house and the system downstairs is something to behold. I couldn't tell you what half the stuff in that setup even does, besides lend to some pretty incredible music reproduction! :music:

Also - the chocolate cake was NUTS. Unreal.

The name tags were key - I am terrible with names, but even being relatively new to AK there were still some names I recognized.

One thing I really should have thought to ask while I was there - does anyone in this group know of a great tech (or is a great tech) for working on vintage solid state gear? I have a few pieces I'd really like to get checked out.

Back
Top Bottom