beginner vintage receiver suggestions - $100.00 range

was just messing with Rune Audio on my raspberry pi. i have already ripped my CD collection so maybe a CD isn't needed?

Some very nice suggestions above!

I'd think about a Harman Kardon 430 (only 25 watts x 2) but what a 25 watts. Twin power supply, two filter caps per transformer (so four), decent phono stage, good heft, and warm, warm, warm! Very musical.

I have no idea how it would sound paired with A.J. towers though? But my experience with the A.J. bookies has been that they sound good on almost anything and very very good on some things!

Happy hunting.

I'd also highly recommend a JVC R-S33 which can surely be had for much less than 100. 40 watts by 2. Should have no problem whatsoever driving your towers!

cnh

Nice selection of gear that are being posted.

I would also look at: Sony STR-7045 which is in your Price Range.

the Sherwood S-7100A is working out very well. so many great suggestions. i'm keeping a watchful eye for any of them for my bedroom and home office.

My two faves of vintage equipment manfacturers to look for are Nikko and Onkyo: most of their stuff was way overbuilt in the 70's and 80's - and is available in the price range you are looking at.
I'd look for an Onkyo TX-88 - and if you find one, grab it before I do LOL!...

Great job! You're well on your way! Nice looking Sherwood. I've found you need one of every brand ... just to play it safe!

Great job! You're well on your way! Nice looking Sherwood. I've found you need one of every brand ... just to play it safe!

... or, alternatively... just collect the set! Like trading cards...

yamaharack 012414 by mhardy6647, on Flickr

No -- actually, we don't want to spook the OP yet. Just let him take the bait and play with it a little bit... let the line feed out for a while... y'know, before we set the hook... bwahahahahaaahahahahahahahaaha!

;-)

My 2-cent's worth,a Sony V-3,or V-4,and that coming from a dyed in the wool Sansui guy.Had one should have never sold it.Now if I can find a V-7 for (cheap)one of g-series would have to go_Ok maybe a good little Sansui G-3000,or 4000 would work too,now I feel better,lol.

Another Sansui guy recommending a Sony V-3 or 4, I saved this one from the scrap pile a few weeks ago, It was too nice to see scrapped.

2014-09-16021159.jpg~original

I also picked up a nice little Rotel the other day, Not real heavy but looks real well made, Worth looking at if you come across one.

Back
Top Bottom