Contemporary II Console C810 dilemma

jcon109

I picked up a C810 console this weekend. The cabinet is in ok shape needs to be refinished etc. The R-30-S dial glass is missing and a knob as well . I would like to restore this but not sure about finding a dial glass. I would guess nobody is reproducing these.
Should I part it out to a stand alone amp or try to restore it? What is the availability of parts for this model?

Thanks

I guess the lack of responses answers my question. Nothing available for parts so I guess I will gut it.......

The parts are out there on Ebay. It may take a while to get them tho. BE PATIENT!
10.5 hours waiting on your part, does not necessarily constitute an emergency on everyone else. Not everyone is up when you are and most of us have other live's too.

You may end up having to find another C800 to strip for parts.

Larry

I wasn't look for a part in 10.5 hours. I just wanted to know if they are ever available. I can wait, just didn't want to wait for years not knowing if they ever come up for sale.
Just looking for a little info that's all.

I picked up a C810 console this weekend. The cabinet is in ok shape needs to be refinished etc. The R-30-S dial glass is missing and a knob as well . I would like to restore this but not sure about finding a dial glass. I would guess nobody is reproducing these.
Should I part it out to a stand alone amp or try to restore it? What is the availability of parts for this model?

Thanks

I have an R30 glass if you want it - I'll post a photo in a bit and you can let me know if it matches what you need.

-D

Sorry for the shakey-cam effect (didn't have a tripod and didn't want the flash to wash out the glass). Is this what you're looking for?

7737331272_2106146fcc_b.jpg

-D

Unfortunately no It would fit but mine has the square tuning eye. Thanks for the offer!
JC

Would it work as a temporary solution? I believe the round hole is approximately the same diameter as the square hole and looks to be in the same location (perhaps 1/8" lower). If not, no worries, I'm just trying to help. :)

-D

Last edited:
Sorry for the shakey-cam effect (didn't have a tripod and didn't want the flash to wash out the glass). Is this what you're looking for?

7737331272_2106146fcc_b.jpg

-D

That looks like an R-20. That said, the dial glass should be pretty similar, if not identical.

www.wjoe.com Use the longer of the two sizes. I think it's something like 1-1/4" OR 1-5/8". Measure the voltage (AC) at the terminals first.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom