Spring Twang

:nono: You taking the micky. Im English

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me but, I was under the impression that a "chip butty" was basically what we Americans would call a french fry sandwich.

If you show up at the Twangfest, all the way from the U.K. I'll personally make you a chip butty.:thmbsp:

It was the OZ bit that I got wrong. We say oz for Australia.You can cut an Englishmans arms off but never call him a ozy.

Of course you would select the one day we reserved the hall for our audiojumble back last November. Arrrrgh

A later date would be fine with me.
I kinda recommended this one but I've since had an issue that has changed things a bit,so you guys do what you gotta do.
At this point,the later the better.....cuz I'd really like to make this one ! . :yes:

I hope you'll welcome a newbie. I'm in Columbia and might be able to make it this year! I've missed the last 2 due to other commitments.

People are committing to the announced date, if its going to change, let's do it before it gets here!:thmbsp:

Russellc

Change? I've seen no indication of a desire to change. Let's party!

Hell, yeah, Twangfest! :banana:

Brian

Apparently I'm not visiting this forum often enough. I have just been made aware of this thread. I can't believe you guys were leavin me out. I'm all offended and stuff. <sniff> :tears:

j/k I'm not that much of a crybaby. :tongue:

Seems like there are some scheduling issues with the 16th. I don't have any good or bad dates in May. The 19th is my 25 Anniversary with the lovely Mrs. Tox but we have no big travel plans at this point and if we did we'd work around previously scheduled events. The 23d wknd is Memorial Day weekend which can cut both ways, some people might have other plans.

I sure would like to catch a STL Audiojumble and meet Sheltie Dave one of these years, I never seem to get over there. Also would be great to see some STL folk at Twangfest.

tyella: you should definitely come out, there are always some first timers, it's fun and relaxed.

Apparently I'm not visiting this forum often enough. I have just been made aware of this thread. I can't believe you guys were leavin me out. I'm all offended and stuff. <sniff> :tears:

j/k I'm not that much of a crybaby. :tongue:

I'd never leave you out. Just thought maybe you were busy and didn't have any problems with what was going down here.

tyella: you should definitely come out, there are always some first timers, it's fun and relaxed.

+1 Heavy on the "relaxed" part. Hope you can make it!

We have 17 people who have reserved tables for the 16th here in St. Louis, so we are on. We are forecasting a total of 40 to 50 vendors with table rental, and around 500 people or so coming through.

Last year we had three tables sell out in the first twenty minutes we were open, and brisk sales at most of the other tables, with tubes and JBL 250Tis being the hottest tickets.

I would wager there would be a higher percentage of gear being moved at the AudioJumble if you need to reduce your collection.

If you want to trade or increase your collection, then the Twang can do that in spades. :sigh: We found that out in three or four years of swap meets - the same people had much the same gear, and you came home with more than you left, which greatly displeased SWMBO.

There still is a certain amount of gotta have action at the jumble, but there are many more buyers than seller/traders, which means most everyone went home with less, and some went home with nothing at all.

It also is good in that no one is going to a person's house, so security concerns are zero. We are in the gym at a Catholic church, too, so if anyone tries anything funny, first they will be smote by a lightening bolt, and then arrested by St. Louis' finest, who as you know don't take sheet from anyone.

And we can use all the funds for the KC roadtrip in a coming lost weekend. I won't have a table, but I do have a car that can make the trip now.

Thanks for that info Dave, it sounds great. I assume you market the event outside the usual AK circle, with that kind of attendance. Excellent strategy to come home with less than what you brought. :D

Back
Top Bottom