AXPONA Chicago 2015 - April 24-26 - Who is attending?

DC

"Manhattan Boy"
Subscriber
All booked! I happened to check tonight and a round-trip flight from Detroit was $218 inclusive, about $80 less than when I looked a couple months ago. :deal:

The Westin hotel, on the other hand, is $175/night with taxes ... ouch.

So who else is going?

I'll be there. Really enjoyed the last two shows and now I have a renewed interest in a headphone system.

I am thinking about it. Also, there should be an AXPONA rate to the hotel, just and FYI.

Yeah, that *is* the show rate. I checked the Marriott across the street and it was more. But there is a complimentary airport shuttle from/to - the least they can do. :D

I would love to go as I've never attended anything like this before, so this is a brand new adventure for me. Is the hotel close to the airport? Can someone give me an idea what goes on and what I can expect?

The hotel is right next to the airport and shuttles are available. It's a great chance to see and hear a huge variety of gear in one place, and while it's hard to see everything you can certainly take time to seriously listen to systems at all price points.

I'll be there!

For those coming from out of town check out a hotel price comparison website. Often this time of year you can find rooms in downtown Chicago for like $100. You can stay in a really nice hotel downtown, enjoy the nightlife, live music after the show and take the EL (our version of a subway) to the show for a couple bucks. The stop is right across the street too!

Patricia Barber Quartet tix (for Friday night) went on sale today. Got mine!

Anyone else?

About six weeks out now - who else is on board?

You know you want to ... all the cool kids are doing it. :D

Very much looking forward to the show. I'll be taking notes on the solid state power amp front; considering replacing my a Denon POA-2200 without breaking the bank.

An update on our room (554). Several manufacturers will be present, including the following:

AudioKinesis - Duke LeJeune
Aurender - Harry Lee and Sally Jeung
Clarity Cable - Chris and Melissa Owen
Essence of Music - Bob Spence
Exogal - Jeff Haagenstad and Jim Kinne
Teo Audio - Taras Kowalczyszyn

We'll be demonstrating the new Atma-Sphere UV-1 preamp along with M-60 amplifiers. In addition to the Aurender music servers into the Exogal Comet DAC, a Kuzma turntable with two tonearms and cartridges and an AMR CD-777 CD player will be on demonstration.

Throughout the show we'll have brief talks on the hour by the respective designers who will answer questions and demonstrate their products.

Speakers, digital playback, cables and digital treatment, and turntable and cartridge setup are likely topics. Check the schedule at the door and sign up.

Back
Top Bottom