fisher 800c using 4 speakers..

tonyg88

I have been using klh 6 with my fisher 800c which sounded amazing together but I have recently picked up some bozak urban 502a which sound even more amazing! I never tried hooking up more then one pair of speakers to the fisher thou. Does it work best when all 4 speakers are the same or is using the klh 6 and urban 502a okay? Does that Mean I have to hook up all the speakers to the 16 out instead of the 8 out? It obviously is gonna cut the power down in half if all 4 speakers are going right? so any down falls to this?

If you hook all the speakers up in parallel (on 16ohm tap) it will effectively be an 8ohm load. On the 8ohm tap it would be a 4ohm load.
I think I remember this correctly.
I think by hooking up them up series, you keep the load the same,IIRRC.
I would think you would probably get the best sound quality by hooking in series, but I could be wrong.
MIke

Does this unit have the A/B speaker output setup like the 500-C? If so, connect one output set to speaker set A and one to B. Then use the switch to toggle A to B to A+B or to earphones, as you desire.

Does this unit have the A/B speaker output setup like the 500-C? If so, connect one output set to speaker set A and one to B. Then use the switch to toggle A to B to A+B or to earphones, as you desire.

Yeah it does so would I put one sit of speakers on the A 8 ohms and the other on the B 8 ohms or would I still need to put them all on 16 ohms?

Once you put the jumper on a 4, 8 or 16 ohm tap, that's the tap you use for all outputs. What are the speaker nominal ratings. It's usually most safe to use 8 ohms for conventional piston driver speakers unless rated otherwise.

As long as the speakers are ALL rated for 8 ohms or higher, you'll be OK. Connect them as Audiodon stated, and as noted in the manual. Set the impedance for 8 ohms, and wire them up to A & B. Then use the speaker selector switch, and have a ball. I have a pair of sp-200s in the "B" position on my 800 (when it's in the C-55 console), with the "A" connected to the console. All 8 oHm. It plays fine. I think you're overworking the problem. On late 60's and newer OTL(output transformer less) Solid State gear impedance selection is automatic. On the 800C you have to make the selection. That's the only difference really.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom