WALPOLE, MA - new location for the (air conditioned) New England SweatFest!!

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
Summer SweatFest and is scheduled for Saturday July 13th 2013 in WALPOLE MA.

**EDIT**

The location has changed due to an almost last minute change of schedules at our usual Clinton location.

The new location is at:

85 West Street, 1st Floor
(Planet Fitness entrance)
Walpole, MA

Sat July 13
11 (ish) to 3 (ish)

Directions / map at the following link:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=85 West St&city=Walpole&state=MA&zipcode=02081

As usual we'll start around 11AM and we usually go until around 3PM.

These events just keep getting better and better.
The summer events do tend to have a lighter turnout since apparently some people have a life - go figure, time to get those priorities in order.

As usual, bring your favorite foods and snacks to share.

The swap / sell tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up. Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load the dumpster.

For this event we are planning on setting up some serious listening areas upstairs.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll need to see what listening system I can cobble together. I want to bring some oddball gear and there's plenty of that stuff hanging around.

you're currently lath - soon lather (you don't look lather)... guess I cannot trust you any more ;-)

I guess I am lathest at this point...

Ha. I just reread "The Crysalids" last month.

I'll post a workshops and "partitioning the 2nd floor for listening purposes" thread at the start of May. I think that, if we're careful, we may be able to have two or three listening locations upstairs.

Can't wait! Dunno at this point what I'm gonna bring, but it should prove interesting, as usual... :scratch2:

I'm looking forward to being there longer this time -- back in Feb with storm and a very long drive to northern VT I practically left before I arrived!

I hope Dan brings his microscope. In a triumph of hope over experience I spend several wasted hours last night trying to evaluate styli. I had a promising setup using my 35mm digital camera (a D700) with a 55mm Micro-Nikkor fitted to a long extension bellows, all of this mounted on a good solid tripod. I made the foolish assumption that I could get pictures good enough to bring into photoshop's raw converter and then blow up just the section right around the stylus. but of course depth of field was so razor thin, even though I kept trying over and over to focus in the right place, I never got one that was really sharp enough to reveal any wear facets, etc.

I hope to bring some audio oddities that aren't too common as my "listening" system. Damn shame it's all so frickin big and heavy.
on the selling side, I'm keeping it very light , but will pack a fistful of dollars in case I get itchy to buy something.

I wish I could...heading to Old Orchard Beach that day- and running a half marathon next day in Portland.

Chris

I'm sad to inform everyone that I can not attend. I urge everyone to somehow go on and find a way to have a good time in my absence.

Just send that onion smelling Pilot gear over in your absence and we'll console ourselves with the gear. :rolleyes:

She sounds like a psychotherapist looking for customers. "My name is Dan and I have a turntable problem..." Our crew could use therapy but tell her we're too cheap to pay for it. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom